Bug - Fixed "modtrace monster level" doesn't show Water Depth

Bale

Minion
Here's a thousand words on the subject:

yx7hgRT.png

Since the side panel is showing +90ML, the modtrace should show all sources of that ML, not merely +30.

Darzil

Developer
Or maybe side should only be showing +ML, and not all monster level modifiers, or maybe show +30 (+60) or something.

After all, Water Depth doesn't seem to affect swarm size of ghoul, oil peak or rat king appearance.

Bale

Minion
Good point. The proper behavior for mafia is probably not what I was suggesting. There's definitely a problem, now we just need to deduce its true form.

I suggest that the correct behavior is ML: +90 (30)

Darzil

Developer
I could be persuaded with +90 (30) in the side bar. Ghouls might be respecting the +water level (I was getting 11 beeps with maybe 40-60 ML and 6 water level), but I tested Oil Peak and it definitely wasn't. Will look tomorrow.

Bale

Minion
I tested Oil Peak a few days ago. It was most definitely not giving me Oil Cartels until my base ML without water depth was at 100 ML. That's an odd dichotomy smacking of bugs needing to be drowned.

Darzil

Developer
Do you know if it's planned to make it work in all cases ?

If so then I think we should change Water Level to be a modifier for Monster Level somehow, make it appear in modtrace thereby, and get rid of the different handling.
If not, then we should change the display in the side bar (we could do that until fixed).

Darzil

Developer
r14453 side pane now shows +90 (+30) in this case.

When / if KoL fixes Oil Peak and Cellar to take account of +ML from Water Depth we'll have to look at turning Water Depth into a modifier that alters Monster Level, and then it'll appear in modtrace and we'll get rid of that bracket kludge.

Darzil

Developer
Just out of interest, +ML from water level does affect wine bomb drop with unstable fulminate, as this is in combat.

Bale

Minion
So, the only thing the bug affects is what sort of monster you encounter, based on ML. At least that is consistent.

Bale

Minion
It was a clarity issue and clarity has been taken care of.

When / if KoL fixes Oil Peak and Cellar to take account of +ML from Water Depth we'll have to look at turning Water Depth into a modifier that alters Monster Level, and then it'll appear in modtrace and we'll get rid of that bracket kludge.

That's in the (potential) future. This is fixed to my satisfaction and I am marking it thusly.