Feature - Implemented Modifier Maximizer = Fossilized Necklace & Crown of Thrones

Bazaaretw

I can understanding it not yet having support for the crown just like it doesn't have support for recommending changing familiars that give stats or abilities or hold equipment, but at the lease the Necklace should show up and be pretty easy.

Thanks.

slyz

Developer
I don't think it would be that easy, since Mafia would need to track how many teeth are on it (or did I completely misunderstand how it works?).

Bazaaretw

IT just need to track how many teeth are on it up to 5 teeth, or at the very least assume you have it filled out all the way.

tgetgel

That is 5 teeth of each variety unless I read that wrong. You need to know how many of each type of tooth since each type of tooth does something different.

lidden

Modifier maximizer dislikes Fossilized necklace

For me when I use the modifier maximizer to maximize Moxie the Rickety old uincycle is chosen even though the Fossilized necklace is always 10 Moxie better.

Theraze

And if you know that's the case, there's an easy fix... maximize <whatever>, equip fossilized

jasonharper

Developer
r8863 counts the teeth. You will need to examine the fossilized necklace's description for the counts to be updated.

slyz

Developer
Thanks Jason. I was planning on taking the opportunity to find out how modifiers work, but now I'll just need to look at your changes =)

Bale

Minion
I'm honestly not sure what the fossilized necklace is good for. All the things it does are too weak to be interesting in aftercore and there have to be many more useful pulls in softcore, even if it does lack an stat requirement.

Despite that I'm happy the necklace is finally supported by mafia. Especially since the advent of FaxBot has inspired me to finally start collecting teeth for a necklace. It's just in time to be relevant to me. Now I just have to figure out what it is good for.

slyz

Developer
Especially since the advent of FaxBot has inspired me to finally start collecting teeth for a necklace.
The same thing happened for me. I think Mafia supporting the necklace enchantments is mostly for completion's sake, but I was surprised to see how easy it was to implement. I didn't know modifiers.txt could use Mafia properties. That and consequences.txt made it a breaze.

lidden

I'm honestly not sure what the fossilized necklace is good for.

It is the third best non-grimacite moxie accessory. I wanted to maximize stats from the crimbo monsters and do not have grimacite nor plexiglass pendant, making the fozzilized necklace optimal for me.

Update:
I also do not have a Baio.

Last edited:

xKiv

I'm honestly not sure what the fossilized necklace is good for. All the things it does are too weak to be interesting in aftercore
Extra stats from scaling monsters? There's only one +30% accessory, only one +20% accessory and none of the other +15% ones also have an absolute +15 ...

Bale

Minion
It is the third best non-grimacite moxie accessory. I wanted to maximize stats from the crimbo monsters and do not have grimacite nor plexiglass pendant, making the fozzilized necklace optimal for me.

Really? I'll check out my basementing moxie outfit.
30% plexiglass pendant
20% Hodgman's bow tie
15% rickety old unicycle (Actually lots of things give +15% Moxie)

Okay, it is better than a rickety old unicycle since it also gives +10 and boosts all stats. You win! The necklace is best for something. (Third best counts for an accessory!) I do another basement run after every Crimbo so I'll actually get some use out of the necklace. Score!

It seems that it also used to come in third for Muscle before Uncle Hobo's epic beard was added to the game.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Also only when grimacite darkness < 4 -- depleted grimacite is common enough, especially the weightlifting belt and grappling hook.