Missing tabs on KoLmafia page

Is anyone else missing the new build and wiki tabs from the top of this page?
I sent a message to the site maintainer(s) a couple of days ago but I've not heard anything back yet.

Razorsoup

Is anyone else missing the new build and wiki tabs from the top of this page?
I sent a message to the site maintainer(s) a couple of days ago but I've not heard anything back yet.

I am as well. It looks like the design (theme?) of the site has been updated as well and when I noticed that is when I noticed those tabs missing. So they probably went missing with the update.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Given your statement that you don't know if it's one or multiple people, and I didn't get any message through some send-to-group feature (I don't know if that even exists), I'm wondering who you sent a message to. The person to contact about that stuff (if it isn't going in a forum thread like this one) is fewyn.

It looks like the Iconic style doesn't have those links, and it looks almost identical to the Default Style (which does have those links, along with all the other styles). Based on a comment I saw recently in chat, I'm guessing many people automatically got switched to that forum style.

Razorsoup

Given your statement that you don't know if it's one or multiple people, and I didn't get any message through some send-to-group feature (I don't know if that even exists), I'm wondering who you sent a message to. The person to contact about that stuff (if it isn't going in a forum thread like this one) is fewyn.

It looks like the Iconic style doesn't have those links, and it looks almost identical to the Default Style (which does have those links, along with all the other styles). Based on a comment I saw recently in chat, I'm guessing many people automatically got switched to that forum style.

"Iconic" and "Default Mobile Style" are the only options for styles that I currently see. So in other words, I was indeed switched to that style automatically.

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah... the black style I used before disappeared and forced me to Iconic, since Default Mobile was just Iconic without actually displaying properly. It just showed me a message about the page I wanted not being available in mobile, so... stuck with Iconic, even though it's bright and generic and blends in with every other default forum in my window-switching list. *sighs*

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I expect that there's a permissions issue, since all of the old styles are available for me (which I expect is due to being in a different forum group).

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed, also I brought back the other styles.

Basically what we've done is removed almost all the images from the site to reduce page load time, they've all been replaced with Font Awesome icons. It's actually pretty neat.

If you see any other oddities let me know!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm probably the only person that blocks the images for forums/threads with no unread content to make unread stuff stand out. I'll have to figure out how to do that with the new setup.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
There's a little symbol in the top left hand part of the post next to the date/time, if it's solid colour it's new if it's just an outline it's old.

Bale

Minion
That's neat, but its not what lost was talking about. He's using a content blocker to not show icon images for threads if he's read them. He's probably going to have to set up custom user stylesheet to do what he wants to keep the font icons from appearing. Can only old versions of Opera do that, or do other browsers have that feature these days?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Why not just use the "New Posts" function at the top which will do a search and show only threads which have new posts in them?

xKiv

That's neat, but its not what lost was talking about. He's using a content blocker to not show icon images for threads if he's read them. He's probably going to have to set up custom user stylesheet to do what he wants to keep the font icons from appearing. Can only old versions of Opera do that, or do other browsers have that feature these days?

Dunno about native functionality, but for Firefox and Chrome/ium, there's always the "Stylish" addon. I use it to inject a nice
Code:
div#pop_ircm div div:hover { background-color: #7777ff; }

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I usually read through everything in Bug Reports before looking at other stuff, it's nice to know at a glance whether there are any new posts in there, and the presence/lack of an image/whatever is much clearer than an image/icon that's a little bit differently colored.

I do use the New Posts link, but that approach can lead to losing some perspective if you miss which forum a thread is posted in.

Bale

Minion
Small issue. Although this particular problem was fixed, another bug was introduced at the same time. Sorry it has taken me so long to report it.

In-line editing of posts has been broken. If you click the "Edit Post" button for any post you already made, it will call up a special editing form instead of allowing you to edit the post in-line in the displayed thread.