Missing Familiars: A Script for Hearts

dawdawdo

Your script thanks Zargon, who doesn't exist, for the to_id() function. (It's Zarqon) : ).

This script is great by the way.

This script seems to "randomly" not work right. And I can't figure out why.

I thought it would "fail" on characters in ronin, or hardcore, but it would report wrong familiar needs even on characters that are out.

Before I go further, let me explain what happens. It will report that the target needs all of the required familiars, even if the character has them all.

I tried proper capitalisation of character name. I thought it might be for account numbers over 1000000 when it failed to report properly on a 1.2 mil account number, but then it worked on a 1.5 mil account.

And all of the accounts that it didn't report properly on did not have their terrariums hidden.

I'm not sure what else to check...

Crowther

This script seems to "randomly" not work right. And I can't figure out why.
There are some problems with the script. It would be nice if it detected people in BM for example.

I haven't seen the problem you describe. If you can give an example character, I might be able to debug it.

It's probably time to add a few more familiars too.

Alhifar

My guess? The to_id() function. It automatically chooses the first person in the list from the search, which is NOT always an exact match.

The one that comes to my mind is Squi(#145873).

There were others, but at this time I can't remember them.

EDIT::
My guess? The to_id() function. It automatically chooses the first person in the list from the search, which is NOT always an exact match.

And that seems to be what is happening.
I put a simple print line displaying the player number, and for Squi, the number returned is AerialSquid(#121664).

Last edited:

Metraxis

Certainly an anusing script. I was personally horrified to realize that someone could have given me a gift for less than 10k (quickly rectified). Now that the cost of entrty is safely above 3m, I feel like my ancient smugness is restored. Thanks!