Bug - Not A Bug Milk useage reverted to limit of one

jwylot

Using build 8618

Code:
Using 1 milk of magnesium...
You acquire an effect: Got Milk (duration: 15 Adventures)
Finished using 1 milk of magnesium.
(usable quantity of milk of magnesium is limited to 0 by a wizard)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, you have a maximum fullness of 15, have 15 turns of Got Milk active, and you want to use another milk because ... why, exactly?

Working as expected.

Bale

Minion
Probably because he was just checking to see if he could use two, just to see if it was fixed. Sometimes it can be hard to tell smart behavior from limited behavior.

Theraze

Only purpose I can see in allowing overage is preparing for tomorrow, especially in case of Feast of Boris. Though the code could be set to be smart enough for that... something like:
Code:
if (fullness_limit <= fullness_level && (my_adventures() == 0 || inebriety_limit < inebriety_level))
should make the milk-limiter work based on tomorrow's fullness level... which should include a boris check.

Or am I overly complicating things? :D

To work point by point on check, if you're full today or overly full (from pride), and you either have no adventures or have overdrunk, use tomorrow's limits...

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

I think over complicated. You don't actually need the milk until you go to eat which should be checked at that time.

Theraze

Well, first thing I do in the morning is usually run my eatdrink alias. :D And I was under the impression that a fairly standard thing is to run your Ode for the next morning if you have extra mana at logoff...

Theraze

True... and I suppose there isn't really a major reason to make the obtain happen the day before. It's been fixed to notify before you start consuming if milk will run out during the consumption, yes? If so, there isn't really a huge reason to pre-prep. If not, then filling up is a good thing, but I seem to recall that its behaviour was changed.

Raven434

I have read various threads and think I missed how to set the behavior I want, which is basically, I don't care if I am going to run out of the Got Milk effect, just use silently another one and keep on eating.

Is there a variable to set for that?

Thanks.

Theraze

Does eatsilent consume another milk automatically, or does it just make it not complain about running out?

StDoodle

Minion
The "eatsilent" command, at least the cli version on r8633, will simply do the eating. Milk is ignored completely.

Theraze

So... request not resolved by eatsilent?

Then again, the code doesn't auto-drink milk anyways... what he's really asking for is a script, not a variable. If there's some overwhelming reason NOT to use EatDrink, what he probably wants is a script that will look at if you have fullness left, check how much got milk you have have, consumes milk until you hit the limit (varied mostly during FoB, if you want to got-milk the 3-tier cake), and then consumes whatever item you were otherwise consuming. Alternateively, it could just consume milk to the limit... though if I understand what Veracity did with milk, you can't over-use milk not anyways... Just try to consume milk until it doesn't let you do it anymore, then continue with your foodings. If you're hyper-lazy, you could just do 4 milk consumptions as a breakfast script...

slyz

Developer
I don't care if I am going to run out of the Got Milk effect, just use silently another [ milk ] and keep on eating.

Is there a variable to set for that?
Mafia never automatically use milk for you. You either have to use the "use milk" button in the Food panel of the Item Manager, or add a command to use enough milks if you are scripting your diet.

Raven434

If there's some overwhelming reason NOT to use EatDrink, what he probably wants is a script that will look at if you have fullness left, check how much got milk you have have, consumes milk until you hit the limit (varied mostly during FoB, if you want to got-milk the 3-tier cake), and then consumes whatever item you were otherwise consuming. Alternateively, it could just consume milk to the limit... though if I understand what Veracity did with milk, you can't over-use milk not anyways... Just try to consume milk until it doesn't let you do it anymore, then continue with your foodings. If you're hyper-lazy, you could just do 4 milk consumptions as a breakfast script...

I use EatDrink and wanted it / Mafia to do exactly what you said - use more milk (silently), and just continue on its merry way.

Theraze

Yeah... if EatDrink isn't doing that, would be a change to ED, not to KoLmafia itself. :D It's quite likely that it needs touchup because of those changes and that it hasn't been updated since any of these changes happened... but that would be different from this bug post. :)