Feature - Rejected Messages with Items and Session Results

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FR

If mafia detects that a new message has been received and that message has attached meat and/or items then the acquisition should update Session Results and Recent.

I am most interested in the case where the denizens of kBay reject my offering, I want to clean up clutter and I don't want to use OCDInventory to do it. If they show up in Recent then I'm happy and will naturally declutter.

Comments?

Thanks.

jasonharper

Developer
If the message actually arrived before your most recent login or inventory refresh, then the items are already included in your inventory - how would mafia know whether or not this was the case?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia could track the time when it last updated your inventory and/or when it last checked your messages, and only include stuff from newer than that time. No idea if it's worth doing.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I run mafia. I have no clue that I have received a message until I open up the relay browser and visit main, (or something else visits main) at which point mafia tells me I have a New message. I was naively assuming that if mafia understood it was new then it could find the message in my mailbox and parse for items.

If the determination that a message is new is unreliable then I can see enough pitfalls to withdraw the request. I interpret "new" to mean arrived since the last time I logged in, but if it really means since the last time I visited main.php then I see more failure modes than successes.

Thanks.