Feature - Implemented Master Relay Override

Theraze

Okay... just created another patch and diffed it, only difference was that one of my other patches in RuntimeLibrary got added to main source, so it no longer needs that one line fixing... Otherwise, the only differences were version numbers and which lines the actual commands were implemented in.

Reverted my KoLmafiaASH and textui/RuntimeLibrary files, reapplied the new patch, ran the new jar, and got this:
> set masterRelayOverride=master.ash

masterRelayOverride => master.ash
test
test
test
test
test

> set masterRelayOverride=

masterRelayOverride =>

Basically, working exactly as it should. If you don't have any changes besides this applied to those files, how about reverting to get rid of any of the old patch versions, and reapplying? I'll post the 8608 version of the patch here so it should work easily. Also, I both create and apply patches to my base folder as opposed to specific files... apparently that confuses some SVN programs, so if you run into any problems, try that.

Ah yes... to make the testing a bit more useful, I'm going to modify my master.ash file to be like this:
print(get_path_full());
which returns this:
Code:
[COLOR=#808000]> set masterRelayOverride=master.ash

[/COLOR]masterRelayOverride => master.ash
game.php
topmenu.php
charpane.php
chatlaunch.php
main.php

[COLOR=olive]> set masterRelayOverride=[/COLOR]

masterRelayOverride =>

Attachments

• Unified Master Relay.patch
    3.2 KB · Views: 35

Theraze

Spiffy... so, working, far as we can tell? What do we do for additional testing before this is ready for primetime and actual source inclusion?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yes but since I don't really understand the problem or the solution to the degree that I would like before I stick my neck out I have not volunteered. If Theraze would reiterate that it works for him and a couple other folks would chime in, I will commit it as soon as I see that Veracity has spun and released 14.2. OK?

Theraze

Yep... working for me. Both the test as well as the specific bit I tried to verify that it knows which page it's loading worked.

Since there've been so many tweaks and changes to the RuntimeLibrary, I'd probably suggest verifying that everything is adding to the right place (basically, where it had been) before rolling into main source. But no point though in running a new patch every time RuntimeLibrary gets changed... well, I suppose I could run one and start naming the files UnifiedMasterRelayR8622, UnifiedMasterRelayR8623, etc... :D If you want me to do that and make a large messy set of files attached to... post 3, I suppose? I could do that. :D Depending on how long, when we hit "go" time, we could have 3-4 people - possibly pre-decided, possibly bumcheekcity, fronobulax, and myself - compile, test (if so, I'd have simple master relay on/text/off directions, using a file also available), and report back that all is still good...

Theraze

Okay, 14.2 is out. The only change between the link above for Unified and this one is that this one, the line numbers might be off due to the get_clan_name and get_clan_id commands being in my personal copy of RuntimeCommands, but otherwise they diff identical. The 3 files included are the following:
Unified Master Relay2.patch - A version of the code with the patch created off 14.2b8625

master.ash - A test master relay. No visible output in relay, prints loaded page name in Graphical CLI window.

master_relay.ash - A different test master relay. This one will replace your name in each page in the relay browser with the page name instead, so your name on the character pane to the left should be charpane.php, etc.

To set either of the two test relay scripts, put them into your relay folder and then run:
set masterRelayOverride=master.ash
or
set masterRelayOverride=master_relay.ash

To remove them when done, run
set masterRelayOverride=
and normal behaviour should be restored.

Attachments

• Unified Master Relay2.patch
    3.2 KB · Views: 38
  • master.ash
    23 bytes · Views: 42
  • master_relay.ash
    163 bytes · Views: 48
Last edited: