Bug - Fixed Making Jarlsberg Staves does not deduct ingredients

Xande1

When making a Jarlsberg staff via the Cosmic Kitchen in the relay browser, the staff is created and and added to inventory successfully, but the ingredient used to make it is not deducted from mafia's inventory count. This can lead to cooking later failing due to lack of ingredients.

On a related note, trying to create the staff using the Creatable menu of the Item Manager yields "Cosmic shopping was unsuccessful." and fails to make the staff at all, even when the staff shows up as a possiblity in the relay browser interface.

slyz

Developer
What revision of Mafia are you using? You can see it in the title of the main Mafia window:
Code:
KoLmafia v15.9 [B]r12028[/B] Main Interface (slyz)

Theraze

This still happens for me with 12028. When I make a chefstaff, the inventory count gets out of sync. I didn't re-mention it when I saw this because it's included in the huge AoJ thread somewhere in the mass and mess.

Xande1

What revision of Mafia are you using?

Currently r12028. This has been happening ever since the most recent round of fixes/changes to the backend of the Cosmic Kitchen (r12002, I believe).

Just re-tested this to be sure I didn't miss a fix: I have 2 cosmic fruits (in both Item Manager and relay browser Inventory). After making a Staff of Fruit Salad, KoL's Item Manager still says I have 2 cosmic fruits, even though my inventory screen only reports 1. Using the "Refresh" button in the item manager, of course, corrects the count to 1.

So, still happening in 12028.

slyz

Developer
Sorry, I thought Jarlsberg stuff was working.

What does your session log say around the time you crafted the staff?

EDIT: I'm looking for something like "Using 1 XXX + 1 YYY to make 1 staff of ZZZ"

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Something is broken with staffs, as reported.

Session log of March 11:

Using 1 cosmic cheese to make 1 Staff of the Standalone Cheese
You acquire an item: Staff of the Standalone Cheese

Session log of April 12:

You acquire an item: Staff of the Standalone Cheese

i.e., nothing was logged for what was used.

Edit: from the data on the other thread:

106 Staff of the Light Lunch
107 Staff of the Standalone Cheese
108 Staff of the Hearty Dinner
109 Staff of the All-Steak
110 Staff of Fruit Salad
111 Staff of the Cream of the Cream

Last edited:

Xande1

What does your session log say around the time you crafted the staff?

When using the Item Manager->Creatable menu (which fails to create the staff at all), I get this in my session log:
Code:
Using 1 cosmic fruit to make 1 Staff of Fruit Salad
And this in my GCLI output:
Code:
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for Staff of the Light Lunch (1)...
Creating 1 Staff of the Light Lunch...
Cosmic shopping was unsuccessful.

When making the staff via the relay browswer (which creates the staff successfully, but fails to deduct the ingredient), I get this in my session log:
Code:
Using 15 fat loot token to make 1 Spellbook: Singer's Faithful Ocelot
You acquire an item: Staff of Fruit Salad
And this in my GCLI output:
Code:
You acquire an item: Staff of Fruit Salad
BTW, this *is* trying to deduct 15 fat loot tokens from my inventory as my Session Results say "fat loot token (no-sell) (-15)" after making the staff. I only just noticed that.

My main account is starting a new AoJ run after rollover, so if you need more data on staff creation, let me know, as each staff can only be created once per asension.