Feature - Implemented Make the guild hall link take you to open grave in ZS, or remove it

Not much point in it being there if it doesn't go anywhere. I suspect this might be the case in Boris, too. I'm referring to the links in the top pane for those using drop down menus, though I suspect the link remains for other settings too.

Bale

Minion
So, you basically want mafia to fix up a KoL feature? Mafia adds stuff, but the devs rarely like to remove or change things.

Bale

Minion
Are we talking about topmenu.php or the mafia GUI?

I'm pretty sure that he's talking about topmenu.php

If you go to KoL's options you can change the display of top menu to a drop-down menu. When you do that there is a link to guild which doesn't do anything helpful in Zombie Slayer.

Edit: I must be wrong. I just checked and there is no guild link when you're in Zombie Slayer. I guess he was really talking about the mafia GUI.

Edit again! I solved the mystery.

Mafia adds the guild link to the drop-down menu in topmenu.php and it should not add it when you are in Zombie Slayer. This is a problem with mafia

Catch-22

I don't use that feature, but I would think that if the guild link is not present in vanilla KoL then it shouldn't be present when KoLmafia just changes it to a dropdown menu. If you'd want to add an entry to the list that takes you to somewhere else that isn't part of the topmenu under vanilla conditions, shouldn't that be a relay override?

Winterbay

There are quite a lot that gets added to that list, not just the guild link, and I think that is great (beanstalk is another thing). It's a great feature that makes my life a lot easier :)

There are quite a lot that gets added to that list, not just the guild link, and I think that is great (beanstalk is another thing). It's a great feature that makes my life a lot easier :)

Pretty much this. I pop back to my open grave often enough that I'd enjoy the guild hall link going there. Usually it's because I want to see what skill I'll be getting next, to prioritize which zones I hit first. Also, the link to your campground in the hunter brain consumption message being changed to a link to your open grave would also be swell, but that's much smaller.

Catch-22

Although I do not use the relay browser, drop down style topmenu or have a character in ZS, I decided to take a look.

The way I see it, there's two requests. First, remove the guild link under ZS, because it's not useful. Second, add a link to the open grave in ZS, because it would be useful.

I'll address your 2nd request, this is probably a forgotten (possibly undocumented?) preference, but you can add your own links to the drop down menu using the "browserBookmarks" preference. I do not know the php page for open grave or I would tell you exactly what to write, so you'll just have to correct this:
Code:
set browserBookmarks=Open Grave|campground.php?action=grave

It looks like if you want to have multiple entries in the list you'll need to separate them with another vertical bar (|), which may be unintentional, but hey..
Code:
set browserBookmarks=1st Link|link1.php||2nd Link|link2.php
If you don't use the correct amount of vertical bars you'll break it, so just avoid doing that. Maybe I (or someone else) will provide a patch to make it less fickle, but for now just don't do it and you'll be fine.

Edit: Here is what I could find regarding official documentation on this feature. Turns out the third | isn't to separate the links, it's for false or true depending on if the link needs the "pwd" string to be sent. The topmenu code ignores it though, so it doesn't really matter. In this case, you should set it to false, so that you don't break wherever else the preference might be used.

So that would be:
Code:
set browserBookmarks=Open Grave|campground.php?action=grave|false

As for your 1st issue, removing the link to guild, I propose that the entire menu could be more dynamic. For example, why have the link to The Sea when you're not level 13? I'd be happy to work on getting the menu entries to be more dynamic (including guild links for ZS), if people would appreciate that.

Last edited: