Make.meat.fast

Salculd

Today I ran the script on a character I'm not 100% into aftercore with, and it recommended the mysterious island battlefield. It's open for me, which is fine, and I'll probably spend them there anyway, but the specific monster it noted was one of the captains--specifically, the one that dropped the natty blue ascot. Is that really a viable recommendation, considering its circumstances? The stats for that captain indicated that its frequency was 4, too, the same as the normal monsters there.

edit: Also, on additional review, it was recommending an item drop outfit that wouldn't let me adventure there anyway.

dj_d

Salculd: Two good questions. Farm.ash does have *some* special case code for areas that require outfits (like water) but none for the island. That should really be handled by canadv, but I don't think that script supports island outfit detection yet. As the the NBA, no, it shouldn't consider that. I suspect it's a data file problem, but if it is, others should see it too. I'll put it on the to-do list to look at.

kain

I'll go look at the code after I write this ... but is there a way to get farm.ash to print the breakdown on areas aside from the #1 ranked farming area?

Heffed

The script does a lot of calculations. If your machine is low end, it may not work very well.

Last edited:

hngkong

Yeah, recently it's been freezing up for me too when I run it, where before it would run no problem. I have the latest daily downloaded and the version of farm.ash that's in the first post zip right now.

dj_d

You'll need to define "freezing up" a little better. Does Mafia freeze? Does it just stop processing? If so, what's the last message? Does hitting ESC stop it?

hello

You'll need to define "freezing up" a little better. Does Mafia freeze? Does it just stop processing? If so, what's the last message? Does hitting ESC stop it?

KoL Mafia just hangs, as in it stops working, I can't even close the program, the only way to close the program is to terminate Java from the task manager.

hngkong

KoL Mafia just hangs, as in it stops working, I can't even close the program, the only way to close the program is to terminate Java from the task manager.

Ditto. I've even left it go for 45 minutes to an hour, but it never moves beyond that.

hello

Well, I'm using the one of the latest daily builds, so I'm not sure if it's a mafia problem, but I'm sure it's not a script problem. It was able to run once, then the next time I tried it, it hangs.

tgetgel

It was able to run once, then the next time I tried it, it hangs.

It sounds like some variable or parameter was set the first time through, and now something does not know what to do with it.

The only problem I have is the occasional endless loop in eatdrink when there is a problem with the price while drinking. (Running XP, latest mafia, latest scripts)

dj_d

There's no script command to hang mafia. Mafia should always allow you to exit out of a script with ESC, so I'd post it as a mafia bug.

lostbug

Hmmm:

Just tried running the script for the first time. It stops with the following message:
Putting on bounty-hunting helmet...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bounty-hunting pants...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.

But after the script quits at that point, I'm:
(Wearing) Equipment:
bounty-hunting helmet
star shirt
bottle-rocket crossbow
fancy opera glasses
bounty-hunting pants
Baron von Ratsworth's monocle
Zinc Delta of Tranquility
lucky rabbit's foot
bottle of perfume

It will do the same thing with palm-frond capris; i.e., say that I don't have any but yet equip them all the same. Any ideas?