Make.meat.fast

Bale

Minion
Well I've finally tried this for the first time. Confusingly it is telling me to adventure in McMillicancuddy's Farm. That's troublesome since I didn't complete the quest and will only get 5 adventures a day in that location. :rolleyes:

I suppose I can just move to the second item on the list, but it doesn't give me the full breakdown on that location so I cannot figure out what I should olfact there.

That brings me to my second comment. It would be helpful if it told me the most valuable monster to olfact in each location. Ignoring olfaction seems odd. It tells me that Best monster is Rotund Duck for the farm, but what about my second best location after I've exhausted the farm's 5 adventures.

Third comment... Please, please, please give me a non-verbose options. It is enough to tell the user that you're evaluating "Location 92/92: eXtreme Slope" without listing every possible optimal outfit change, just as you listed for the last 91 location. It's just WAY too much feedback and there's no advantage to listing all possible farming configurations more than once.

th3y

It would be helpful if it told me the most valuable monster to olfact in each location. Ignoring olfaction seems odd. It tells me that Best monster is Rotund Duck for the farm, but what about my second best location after I've exhausted the farm's 5 adventures.

I also would love to see some support for olfaction. I realize it is work to implement. ; ). But I'd like to suggest the following as a way to support a "first pass" at olfaction with pretty minimal implementation:

1) provide a preference for "olfaction mode"
2) when in olfaction mode, only consider the most valuable monster in each location when computing the ranked list of location values. In other words, assume that the location consists entirely of the most valuable monster (at the proper combat encounter rate for the location).
2a) it would also be nice for the list to show the most valuable monster as Bale suggests
3) the rest is up to the user (for now) in terms of actually setting up moods/ccs to perform the olfaction when adventuring.

-That's what TH3Y think

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Rate of monster appearance under olfaction is not 100%. Why should the value be based on that figure when the correct answer is here? Though I'll admit that there is little practical difference in finding the best zone for farming, even if the exact yield would differ.

dj_d

The script already calculates the best monster explicitly for olfaction (although it only prints it for the top choice - easily changed). The problem is that I don't know offhand a good way to say "olfact X when adventuring here". I think it might be doable with Z's between-battle script but I haven't figured it out yet. When I do, I'll do it right - I have olfaction permed on one of my multis so the incentive's there.

Bale

Minion
There's a good way to automatically add auto-olfaction.

Code:
cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, On the Trail, olfact monster zombie waltzer");

That will add a line to your mood. When you lose "On the Trail" it will add auto olfaction for the monster zombie waltzer. I'm not sure how to remove a single line from mood, but that will add one.

dj_d

That's a good start. So say you spend the first 10 turns hunting ducks and then move on to farming the castle - uneffect "on the trail" before you switch?

Bale

Minion
Sure you can uneffect it. First I'd set a new command for losing "On the Trail" before uneffecting the old "On the Trail", just because I'm careful that way. It should work just fine.

th3y

Rate of monster appearance under olfaction is not 100%. Why should the value be based on that figure when the correct answer is here

I agree that an exact calculation would be ideal; I'm just suggesting a way to get a quick+dirty "first pass" with minimal implementation effort, in case time available to implement is a bottleneck.

-That's what TH3Y mean

CKtheFat

I've just ran into something minor. The script wants me to use a meatspout staff, but the only problem is I'm a moxie class and don't have the strength to use it and hit my targets.

Similar to safe moxie, is this something the script might want to consider?

th3y

I added an adjustment for [The Oasis]; it considers both regular ultrahydrated (5 turns) and extra (20 turns from clover), taking in to account the cost of the clovers, and chooses whichever is best. It won't use clovers if you don't have mall access.

Along these lines, FYI the Desert isn't considered (unless, I suppose, you are already Ultrahydrated when running farm.ash):

Code:
Considering South of the Border:
Considering Desert (Unhydrated):
Considering Desert (Ultrahydrated):
You need 'Ultrahydrated' to be active to adventure here.
can_adv reports that the area is unadventure-able.
Considering Oasis in the Desert:

And similarly (although in a separate section of the script) for any underwater location, even though underwater-enabling items (SCUBA, etc.) are available in inventory:

Code:
Location 92/100: The Mer-Kin Outpost
maximize item drop;familiar Frozen Gravy Fairy;
Dive location, and this outfit doesn't dive.
maximize item drop;familiar Frozen Gravy Fairy;{+combat-minus-bait};
maximize item drop;familiar Frozen Gravy Fairy;{+combat};

-TH3Y thank you

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Since I beefed up my reporting on locations I noticed that my 4th best location has some interesting information:

Code:
Knob Goblin Kitchens: 822 meat; use maximize item drop;familiar Psychedelic Bear;{Peeled Eyeballs};.
. The best monster there is Knob Goblin Elite Guard Captain, who is worth 1569 meat.
That's only my fourth best choice, but I don't think that a semi-rare encounter should be considered. Is it being rated as a regular encounter?

Also, is the need for hydration being properly considered at the Oasis and Desert?

dj_d

Is hydration being considered? Yes. Is it being properly considered? Dunno, that's a fine question. :) Make sure you have the latest, since I added it recently.

I'm doing a full rewrite of eatdrink; when it's done, I'll go back to farm.ash and finish olfaction support so you won't need to handle it manually. I'll check on semirares when I'm there (although they *should* be ignored already).

codster62

I don't know if this is just me or not, but I have probably used this in various times, and every time it chooses to adventure for Dusty Bottles or Piles of animal bones. Once again my character is level 18, and I can think of 5 places right of the top of my head more optimal... Why is it doing this? I am running latest of mafia, but it won't adventure anywhere else besides those two.

codster62

REPORT: I have been running the updated version for about 30 minutes now, and I realized for some reason it is running much slower. It ran for only about 25 minutes before.. And it still probably has 30 minutes more to go now. Just curious, what exactly did you update besides what you posted? There's got to be some reason it's running slower. :p

EDIT: Also, you should create a csend command that will send like 1% of somebody's total meat every time somebody runs the script or the script starts. Make it like you suggested to Zarquon that anybody can turn off. I personally would leave it on for ya. :)

Last edited: