Make.meat.fast

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thanks! That's the command I was after.

Here's another one... choiceadventure 788 doesn't have a "skip adventure" option built into mafia. I know skipping the adventure is choice 6. I can write a script to adventure in the bowling alley and pick choice 6. I have no idea how to use that code in farm.ash without breaking the script horribly. Is there a reason why I can only set "show in browser" or "waste an adventure" (I'm using r13510 which was current when I started writing this post assuming Warp hasn't bugged out on me))?

First, you can "set choiceAdventure788 = 6" to accomplish that. Second, if you skip it and adventure there again, you will get the same choice adventure again, until you go to another zone or get rid of the bowling ball (possibly by using it). There is no reason to automate walking away from that choice.

Hekiryuu

so a potential bug, and a feature request:

Bug, it doesn't skip bosses like protector spirits.

Feature request: on simulate, ask for number of available banishes. Might be interesting to see what it thinks if it knows you can skip a few critters.

JohnDoe244

First, you can "set choiceAdventure788 = 6" to accomplish that. Second, if you skip it and adventure there again, you will get the same choice adventure again, until you go to another zone or get rid of the bowling ball (possibly by using it). There is no reason to automate walking away from that choice.
Ah. Didn't realise that it was 100%. One more zone where I don't have to run -combat. Thanks.

Merneith

I've never run this before but I'm curious. It doesn't burn up the server while doing its comparisons, right?

JohnDoe244

Limited utility... but when/if the script is updated how about throwing the stocking mimic in with the other meat-fishing familiars?

(I've (painstakingly clumsily) updated my script and just don't want that information overridden.)

Last edited:

Winterbay

Limited utility... but when/if the script is updated how about throwing the stocking mimic in with the other fishing familiars?

(I've (painstakingly clumsily) updated my script and just don't want that information overridden.)

What do you mean by fishing familiar?

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Probably terminology descended from "starfishing", so any familiar which produces results during combat (so you might want to extend combat to get more stuff).

Winterbay

As far as I know there is no code in farm to fish for MP, it only looks at +item and +meat bonuses (and also ignores the value of any drops from said familiars).

JohnDoe244

Code:
int fam_bonus(familiar fam) 
{
	int w = familiar_weight(my_familiar()) + weight_adjustment();
	switch (fam) 
	{
		case $familiar[hobo monkey]: return 75;
		case $familiar[ninja pirate zombie robot]: return ((7 * w) + 11);
		case $familiar[cocoabo]: return (10*w/3 + 20/3);

}
	return 0;
No entry for the mimic (this is for meat, not MP).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there a way to set things up so that it does not dispose of the farmed items? It autosold canopic jars, for example, and my quick analysis suggests it would be better to use those and sell the results. What I really would like is to run farm and then have OCD clean up. Is that a setting I am missing or a feature request?

Winterbay

There is a data structure for both "use this" and "save this" but you need to manually add things to them by hard coding them into the script. I may lool into getting that into a data file but for now you have to edit the script.
Open it up and there should be examples in there fairly high up in the file (on phone atm so can't check).

Theraze

At one point I worked up an alias for Price Adviser that would take any individual item and figure out what to do with it, limiting additional meat spent to aBPL. Based on that, shouldn't be impossible to implement something like that for your farmed items automatically...

digitrev

Dumb question, but would there be any way to get this to consider banishers? There are several methods for all-day banishment now, and it might be worth having this script take that into account. Although there'd need to be special handling for The Hidden City zones, with all its complicated banishment options (janitor, lawyer, & drunk).

Winterbay

What monster would you have the script banish? CUrrently the script only tracks the most valuable monster in a zone which it uses for olfaction purposes. Getting it to remember the worst monster would probably take quite a bit or rewriting.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A seal clubber with a nanorhino can likely banish all but the most valuable monster for the whole day in most areas and have it be worthwhile.

Crowther

What monster would you have the script banish? CUrrently the script only tracks the most valuable monster in a zone which it uses for olfaction purposes. Getting it to remember the worst monster would probably take quite a bit or rewriting.
Tracking the worst monster isn't that hard. I've been doing it for a while: View attachment patch.txt

Doing something more useful, like evaluating zones based on the improved value from olfaction or banish, does look like more of a pain. That's what I wanted to do when I made the above patch, but decided it wasn't worth my effort.