Feature - Implemented Make Daily Deeds its own panel

roippi

Developer
Aw shucks. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Though I agree in principle - Daily Deeds is somewhat more 'hidden' than I'd like - I'm not totally sure what the proper solution is. The player status window already gives access to a pop-out daily deeds panel, and I think I consider that superior to a lonely daily deeds panel in a frame.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I never used Daily Deeds when it was one of the little panels on the Adventure Frame - it was just too small. But now it's a panel on the Player Status. I don't mind resizing that Frame - although it's already big enough for all my deeds, except for the long line of item drop familiars.

The Player Status used to be nothing much. Now, it's Player Status + Daily Deeds. Were we to put Daily Deeds on its own frame - which would make it a lot easier to find; it was an eye opener when hola had to ask how to find it! - do we remove it from the other places it appears? I mean, why have the same panel available in THREE distinct frames? Except - I LIKE it in the Player Status, and I am sure there are people who like it in the Adventure Frame.

We could rename Player Status to be Daily Deeds - except what about all the rest of the stuff on the Player Status frame?

This is a poser.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Does all the rest of the stuff just mean the "substats to next level" bars, or is it the third place where you can have one of those dropdown things selected? It looks so simple that I hope I'm not overlooking something obvious. I wonder how many people use Player Status for something besides Daily Deeds.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Does all the rest of the stuff just mean the "substats to next level" bars, or is it the third place where you can have one of those dropdown things selected? It looks so simple that I hope I'm not overlooking something obvious. I wonder how many people use Player Status for something besides Daily Deeds.

I used to use it for Location Details or Active Effects but neither was useful enough to me to make it worth swapping DD in and out.

Personally I'll adjust to where ever DD ends up and try not to complain ;-)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Player status is:

- a green sidebar, just like the main frame
- Your avatar
- the stats to next level bars
- a set of dropdown panels, just like the Adventure Frame, with Daily Deeds as the default

Remove the first three and rename the frame "Daily Deeds" and you satisfy this request.

But then, what do we do with the avatar and the "stats to next level", which appear nowhere else in KoLmafia? Hola wanted to get rid of the Player Status frame long ago when we moved everything else out of it. In some sense, we solved that by putting Daily Deeds on it.

What if removed the green sidebar and made the frame have a Daily Deeds panel, rather than a dropdown, and renamed it Daily Deeds?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Never used Player Status before ;-) Don't have an avatar, wouldn't mind having substats around but can get that from the Relay Browser when I care so the idea above would work. Will the result be something that can be opened as a Tab or Window on Startup?

Bale

Minion
Will the result be something that can be opened as a Tab or Window on Startup?

It already can be opened as a tab or window on startup, so the answer is yes.

Player status is:

- a green sidebar, just like the main frame

I don't have a green sidebar on my Player Status window. Is that strange?

What if removed the green sidebar and made the frame have a Daily Deeds panel, rather than a dropdown, and renamed it Daily Deeds?

Well, I don't have a green sidebar. Really! So it would be just a rename and a removal of the drop-down. I'd be good with that.

roippi

Developer
I don't think we should remove the dropdown. It takes up very little space and someone could conceivably want access to those other panels in a standalone window.

I think the sidebar is only there in the windowed version. And yes, it's pretty redundant, since it's already on the main interface, and I would not miss its removal.