Bug - Not A Bug Mafia's auto HP-Regen causing damage

Greenen72

I don't even know where to start. My clan doesn't have a sofa, so I'm guessing that's probably the cause. However, I have no idea what it would be doing that would cause HP loss

First Try (I had multiple recovery methods checked)
Second Try (Only had "Rest on Clan Sofa" checked)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Trying to rest in the clan sofa when you don't have one results in you taking damage (KoL's way of saying "don't do that"). The cause is pretty straightforward.

Theraze

Mafia shouldn't cause additional server hits to check if it's possible every time you clanjump, which some people do repeatedly every session...

Greenen72

Could you at least change it so it disables the clan sofa option during automation if using it causes damage on the first use?

roippi

Developer
You need to opt-in to use the sofa as a restorative, so don't tick that box?

Even if your use case is that you hop between a clan with a sofa and one without, that feature request doesn't make sense. If you accidentally hit the sofa once in the non-sofa clan, you've nuked your ability to use it in the other clan for the rest of that session.

Greenen72

Simply unticking the box when transferring clans or unticking if the sofa fails at all? Or is simply unticking a box if you take damage beyond mafia's control?

Or even just putting a message in the CLI saying "You don't have a clan sofa" rather than "Resting in sofa: You lose 5 HP"

Last edited:

Greenen72

Mafia shouldn't cause additional server hits to check if it's possible every time you clanjump, which some people do repeatedly every session...

And in any case, even if server hits is an issue, how would it be any worse than someone clicking on the clan rumpus room and visiting it normally?

Theraze

Because if you click it normally, you will only sleep on the sofa if you have a sofa. Ergo, no additional server hits if there's no sofa. Potential hits reaching the sofa if you have it unchecked and do it manually instead, but no more than any normal people not using mafia would have.

And yes, mafia COULD uncheck boxes and the like... but that would leave people who are in a sofa-clan 99% of the time possibly losing their main form of restoration if they happen to restore MP for ode in a non-standard clan. If you don't want it to use it, uncheck it. It's really quite easy... :)

Though there is one potential 'change' that might be good, if it doesn't happen currently. Mafia should probably go into an abort state (stop automation, red background) if you try to restore in a sofa without having one. So that it doesn't keep trying to heal forever using that. Though it may already do that... if so, then ignoring the background and the message that you don't have a sofa (by seeing that it's causing you damage) is on you.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Though there is one potential 'change' that might be good, if it doesn't happen currently. Mafia should probably go into an abort state (stop automation, red background) if you try to restore in a sofa without having one.

That would be the correct response to such a failure.