Bug - Waiting for Info Mafia randomly stops working

icon315

I have been trying to adventure with mafia and it keeps stopping without any errors at all. It has been going on for a while now.

roippi

Developer
Describe in more detail what "stopping without any errors at all" means. Does it stop mid-combat or after? Is the sidebar green, gray, or red?

Ferdawoon

I have had similar things happen to me but since I use scripts most of the time I always assumed it was me doing something that caused the script to lose track of what it was doing. It can happen when I'm afk, it can happen while I watch a movie and it can happen when I just browse the net. I can't pin-point it down to some special event that cause it to hapen I'm afraid.

Ususally when this happens I try to abort (if it happened while running a script) using my ESC-button and the Stop Now button and see if I can just re-run the script. Mafia just queue up the new scripts after the one that have stopped running. Basicly, it do not properly abort when I try to stop it (and I dunno if there is a command to try to force a clear of the script queue). I have to close mafia completly and restart to make it work again.

Theraze

Question... is it actually that mafia stops working, or just that the mafia window stops refreshing? If you open the relay browser full screen and change back to the mafia window, is mafia still adventuring?

Ferdawoon

Question... is it actually that mafia stops working, or just that the mafia window stops refreshing? If you open the relay browser full screen and change back to the mafia window, is mafia still adventuring?

I cannot say for sure, but I am pretty sure I have been fiddling around with other things when this have happened, so if it is tabbing back and forth between things that you mean, then yes Mafia is still locked.
If you mean what happens if I try to adventure in the webbrowser, then I have no idea. Will try that if I get the same problem again.

icon315

Nope, left mafia running for a while not knowing that this had happened, came back and still had 300+ adventures left. It had only adventured ~20 times. If I finish the adventure in the relay browser then go back and try to rerun, it adds to the queue.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can probably use "graygui force" to make mafia usable again. That wouldn't actually fix the problem, but it should make things less painful until it can be fixed.

roippi

Developer
Can you reproduce this in a vanilla installation of mafia? i.e. put a fresh copy in a new folder?

Same thing happened to me a wile back. It ended up being my AVG virus protection I got rid of that and mafia was back to normal. Don't know if it applies here.

icon315

Hmmm, i'll try that

EDIT:I completely disabeled AVG, and it still did not work. I'll try a clean install.

Last edited: