Mafia not working

Catch-22

When I press "tab," I get that windows "clunk" sound and nothing gets entered into the command prompt box. :/

That means it couldn't find an appropriate auto-completion match. Try this:

Code:
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Nicole\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mafia"
dir *.jar

This should output a list of all the jar files you have in your "Mafia" folder. If you get a "File Not Found" response, then you don't have any jar files in your "Mafia" folder.

MsNicole

Does this tell you anything?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

[...]

C:\Documents and Settings\Nicole\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Qu
ick Launch\Mafia>cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Nicole\Application Data\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mafia"

C:\Documents and Settings\Nicole\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Qu
ick Launch\Mafia>dir *.jar

Catch-22

Does this tell you anything?

Not really, there should be at least some output from the dir command, similar to this:

C:\Users\Catch-22\KoLmafia>dir *.jar

Directory of C:\Users\Catch-22\KoLmafia

21/07/2012 00:00 AM 5,272,758 KoLmafia-15.3.jar
1 File(s) 5,272,758 bytes

Edit: You pressed enter at the end of the dir command, right?

MsNicole

Well I just removed old versions of java, and reinstalled the latest version, and everything seems to be working again.

Thanks for your patience, everybody.

Theraze

Ah, excellent. Yeah, multiple versions of Java can confuse things terribly. Well, hope it works well for you, and remember that multiple versions of scripts can screw up things just as much as multiple versions of Java. :)

Catch-22

Well I just removed old versions of java, and reinstalled the latest version, and everything seems to be working again.

Good to know you have things sorted. For future reference, this is something everyone should do in cases like this.

I think
I recently installed a new version of JRE.
threw some people off the trail. Whenever I install a new version of Java I make it a habit to uninstall the old one first!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Whenever I install a new version of Java I make it a habit to uninstall the old one first!

Wouldn't it be nice if Oracle's updater/installer offered to do that for you? Unless you are developing code or dealing with legacy code and plugins or Oracle produces a version that is not 100% backwards compatible, I can't really think of any reason to have more than one. For extra credit making the JDK's JRE the only one on the system and only updating when the JDK is updated would be helpful in most cases as well, but I digress.

xKiv

Post removed, because issue was resolved while I was writing. Or I didn't notice second page, that's more likely.

Last edited: