Bug - Waiting for Info Mafia keeps freezing

Hey I'm hoping someone can help me out. About 8 out of 10 times I need to restart mafia because it keeps getting to examining equipment in storage part then just sits there. Ill restart then it will make it to the misc equipment then just sit there. Ill restart again and then it finally loads up. Ive deleted mafia and everything that was attached to it then downloaded again and Im still getting the same problems. Any help would be great I love mafia but its getting to be more of a pain to use it.

roippi

Developer
try doing help> start debug log

Get mafia to the point where it freezes, then help>stop debug log

post the debug log here.

It freezes before I can log in. This all happens from the first box as soon as you load mafia. Where it has the 3 boxes at the bottom save password, stealth login and breakfast. Today Ive already had to restart mafia 5 times and it still wont move past "examining misc. items in storage.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Do you click the login button before it freezes? If so, you can start a debug log before clicking on that button by following Roippi's post. Without a debug log, we have little choice but to ignore this bug report because we have no way of knowing what the cause is.

And some more. I've pretty much givin up on Mafia working correctly on my computer. I also have a other debug log but its to large to post.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120524.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 41
I'm having all sorts of issues. Anytime it seems to run thru things it freezes. Example when I use Bale's universal health script when it runs thru the checks of items it will just stop. Its probably not mafia Im sure I prob screwed something up somewhere. I never had an issue until I went to 15.1 anyone have 15 I can re download. I have a log Id like you to look at it might explane it better than I can buts Its 4mb I can't up load it. Is there anyway I can email it to you or someone. Thanks and sorry to be a pain in the ass guys

Last edited:
Ok again I don't know if it means anything or not but Im using v15.2 r11013 and when I load it up it tell me there's a new version of mafia out there but when I hit yes it brings me to 15.2. Anything?

Theraze

It's probably not mafia telling you there's newer, but... 11015 did get compiled ~2 hours ago.

Make sure though that it isn't a script telling you that there's a newer version out. If so, follow the link it gives and update your script. Personally, I've never seen mafia itself actually report a newer version available though.

Screenshot.jpg

roippi

Developer
Mafia reports there's a new version if your revision is lower than that of the most recent point release.

There is something fundamentally wrong with your mafia installation, either in the java environment or in how you're getting mafia updates.

Ok spoke to soon I guess. I uninstalled java and reinstalled last night things went great. Now I'm having the same issues with freeze ups. Here is a recent log I was just trying to update the inventory and it would just go grey. Here it is any clue as to if this is still a java problem how Id go about fixing it.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120525.txt
    83.7 KB · Views: 59

Kheffin

Hello, I've recently been having issues with Mafia (Build 11243) freezing. I think this happened since my Java updated to Version 7, Update 5.
Relevant system information: Windows 7, Chrome, running through the Relay Browser.

Problems: Issues with log-in freezing at various steps, adventuring x times freezing before finishing; completed requests not saying "requests completed," and the relay browser generally being much laggier. The pages tend to process, but they do not refresh to show the update. That is, if I click a link, the page will hang, and clicking it again will show a "you don't have that familiar" or similar, showing that the process fired, but the relay browser couldn't update.

I've added a bug log of Mafia freezing on "Examining equipment in closet;" I can try and reproduce other errors as well if those logs will help.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120705.txt
    48.4 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Hello, I've recently been having issues with Mafia (Build 11243) freezing. I think this happened since my Java updated to Version 7, Update 5.

I heavily recommend using Java 6 instead of Java 7. 7 is nothing but a big steaming pile of headache right now, trust me. You won't miss (or notice) any of the features that 7 was giving you.