Bug - Fixed Mafia isn't recognizing full access to storage after leaving ronin

fianor

I haven't ascended in about 3 years to notice if this is new or not, but I just went a few turns past ronin and went to pull stuff from storage. In relay/browser hagnk recognizes I can take all my stuff, but the storage section of the item manager in mafia is showing -1 pulls left but shows no items in storage.

... and as I was typing this and clicking around to verify behavior the storage list populated, still denotes -1 pulls left, but allows me to pull whatever I want ... so I have no idea what that was or if we would care. I had clicked the refesh button on the item manager and still had no storage population. I clicked favorites from hagnks in relay, no changes, but then when I clicked miscellaneous in hagnks mafia populated the storage list. Oh and it did not just populate the miscellaneous items, it recognizes everything in storage now.

Maybe it was something freaky on my computer or maybe it's something incredibly minor in the code, idk, not sure we care but figured I'd go ahead and post the behavior in case someone cares since I'd already started writing the post.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That has certainly never happened to me. When you log in - in or out of Ronin - KoLmafia makes 4 requests to read storage: Consumables, Equipment, Miscellaneous, and Meat/Pulls. Sorage items should be immediately visible in the Item Manager from the moment the GUI window appears.

-1 pulls available means you are unrestricted. So, KoLmafia correctly realized you were out of Ronin.

I have no clue why you didn't see the contents of storage. Perhaps you have some unusual inventory display options and the storage pages look different, somehow.
Could you log out and restart, go to the Item Manager and verify that nothing shows, and then turn on debug logging, hit the Refresh button on the Item Manager, turn off debug logging, and post the log here, please?

It sure would be nice if api.php gave an option to efficiently read storage, as it does for inventory...

fianor

As I said, I can't repeat it now. It wasn't showing my stuff in storage, nothing I could think of to do in mafia changed that, I clicked around in hagnks from the relay browser and then it started displaying the stuff in storage. However, other odd things are now happening. Mafia seems to have just stopped doing anything. The "charpane" on the left of mafia turned red like it does for errors, but there were no errors being shown. It wouldn't adventure and no buttons inside mafia were doing anything (specifically, I had attempted to use maximizer for exp and ther results just stayed grey). I closed down, verified I had the most recent daily(r9665) and reopened mafia. Mafia is doing as it should for now.

I don't know, maybe java or my computer were just having random memory related errors or something.

fianor

Whatever was acting up yesterday about mafia, is acting up today also. Running r9669, and mafia doesn't seem to get done running something. It works for a while, then it doesn't. Right now the red won't go away and clicking buttons does nothing, it just ignores that I'm doing anything. I can switch tabs and scroll through lists, I can even select items from the lists, but when I click ANY button to then do whatever action the button should do, mafia just ignore that the button was pushed. ATM, I'm trying to drink, enqueue and consume do nothing. Mafia is almost acting like it thinks I'm in a combat. Basically go start a combat in the relay, then click around in stuff in mafia, the things you can do are mostly the things I can do now. Except that I'm not in combat. I can choose something to maximize, and update greys out the list and does display appropriate "maximizations", but it never "finishes" all the tex stays gray until I hit esc.

What really wierd is that it randomly srats working again for a bit. Just now it was working, and then the combat skill buttons in relay stopped working, but mafia it self is working.

I really don't know how better to describe or track w/e this is down.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
11352 makes mafia recognize that you can pull everything as soon as you break ronin (without freeing the king). The other stuff sounds unrelated and probably made its way into other bug reports.