Bug - Fixed Lucky Entryway in Beecore doesn't grab clover from closet

Yvain

Lucky Entryway in Beecore doesn't grab clover from closet to pass the skeleton key test and treats it as an unlucky entryway.
Two things: Can mafia look in closet for clover and can mafia abort if can't find a clover rather than doing it the unlucky way and using up hp.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looking at the code, we use InventoryManager.retrieveItem to get a clover. That will pull from storage (if you are our of Ronin), buy from the mall (if you have the mall purchase option set) - and will remove from the closet, if you have the "use closet" checkbox selected.

If you do NOT have the "use closet" checkbox selected, it would be a bug were KoLmafia to remove things from there.

Therefore, it sounds like in part 1 of this "Bug", KoLmafia is behaving exactly correctly.

Part 2 - redefining "lucky" to mean "clover or nothing" vs. "clover if available" - is worth considering...

Yvain

Sorry I was unaware of a use closet option. Also please forgive my ignorance but I can't find it. I thought it would be in preferences so I'm either looking in the wrong spot or its too late and I can't see it.

Yvain

Thanks lostcalpolydude. That should fix my first problem.

On that point if I specifically click Lucky Entryway aren't I telling mafia go ahead and use a clover. Similar to the the trinket/permit discussion (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?6687-Hermit-getting-trinket-getting-hermit-permit-isn-t-working) that lead to revision 9326 could Lucky Entryway be considered a "manual" action rather than "automated" (using a different check - use closet instead of buy from NPC). Open to discussion as well I guess.

Maybe there are other things which fall in this sort category as well.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You have something in your closet and you do do not have "use closet as a source of items seleected", KoLmafia will not remove items from it. It is up to you - the human operating the program - to decide when and if you want to take things out of it.

I'm not budging on that.

xKiv

Even though it's an item that ended up in the closet as part of mafia's *automatic* clover protection?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Even though it's an item that ended up in the closet as part of mafia's *automatic* clover protection?
We have no way of knowing whether the clover in your closet was put there as a result of clover protection. You can move clovers in and out at will, turn on and off that setting as often as you want, pull a clover from storage - which does NOT invoke clover protection - and closet it for later, and so on.

If we make the Lucky script abort if it cannot get a clover when it needs it, that should be enough to alert the user that they need to get a clover from somewhere - and it is up to them to decide where somewhere is.

Revision 9374 puts a "use items from closet" checkbox in the Preference frame as well as on the Creation panel, since we've seen many many reports of people not being able to find it in the original location.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9375 will require that a ten-leaf clover be available if you select Lucky Entryway and have to face the skeleton. Untested; it's been literally years since I did the Lucky Entryway...