Feature - Rejected Lower Chamber Protection

Darzil

Developer
It's very easy to make a mistake in the Pyramid and cost yourself a lot of turns. For example, I just clicked on lower chamber by accident, losing myself a bomb, and having to start again.

Would it be possible to disallow, or warn, clicking on the lower chamber unless the conditions are right ?

ie.

Can only visit chambers set at "get token" if token and bomb not held, and Ed not available.
Can only visit chambers set at "get bomb" if token held, bomb not held, and Ed not available.
Can only visit chambers set at "open Ed" if token and bomb held, and Ed not available.
Can always visit chambers when Ed available.
Cannot visit otherwise.

Feliks

I heartily endorse this request, and suggest an extension. If you adventure in the middle chamber or attempt to use a ratchet, but the lower chamber is in a position where it looks like you should want to go there, warn similarly.

I'm naively thinking it should be reasonably straightforward to track the position similarly to how the castle wheel is tracked, and do a similar warning to clover protection and the like.

slyz

Developer
I seem to remember that the relay override doesn't fire every time pyramid.php is shown, although I never investigated it further. I think that the relay override isn't applied when the page is shown after a redirect, but I won't be able to confirm this until the next time I go through the pyramid, if my next run isn't a speed attempt.

In any case, you still need to exercise some caution.

I'm marking this as Feature - Rejected since it has been implemented via a script.

Bale

Minion
I seem to remember that the relay override doesn't fire every time pyramid.php is shown, although I never investigated it further. I think that the relay override isn't applied when the page is shown after a redirect.

Confirmed. When you click on the lower chamber (to get a token, bomb or go boom) it does not apply the relay override. I have to reload the page to make the relay override work again.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You could copy it to additionally override lowerchamber.php or whatever the url name is. Or I could look into this whole master override deal and make the script more importable. If I have time. :p

Winterbay

Also, that override sometimes make it impossible to fight the boss. I'm not sure what it was I had to edit in order for it to not do that, and since I lost my USB-stick with that modification on I cannot check now (and have not used the override for a while).

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure what it was I had to edit in order for it to not do that, and since I lost my USB-stick with that modification on I cannot check now.

I also fixed my own copy to take care of the problem. I don't remember what needed to be fixed and I don't feel like investigating it at the moment so I'll just attach my version to this post. It's also got a bunch of cosmetic fixes.

Download this and rejoice at having a fully functional version again.

Attachments

• pyramid.ash
    3.2 KB · Views: 28

xKiv

I also think there is/was an issue with the autolink to use tomb ratchets not appearing just after getting the token, or bomb or something ...

xKiv

No, I know I fixed that by changing the code. There was no redirect involved, and the relay was applied - it showed the info part, just not the [tomb ratchet] link.