login issues

Aren't I normally supposed to be able to get into the gCLI even if I can't log in?

I was just assuming normal connection issues, but when waiting more than 5 minutes in between and trying again, one of my accounts just -couldn't- get in. I tried to open the gCLI and got "net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame could not be loaded"

Any ideas?

EDIT:
So, it seems to be when I use a classskills.txt override. I use one every day. Granted, I did change it last night, but after looking through the file again and again and a third time with space and EOL highlighting on, everything looks as it should.

Even if it is malformed, that's an odd way for the error to manifest.

EDIT EDIT: So, I've weeded out the solution. I was using ids over 9999 which, when KoLmafia attempts to categorize, assigns something out of range. The error, to the best of my knowledge, should then be generated at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.SkillDatabase at line 232. Why it floats along and then appears during login is beyond me, but I'll just leave this here in the off chance that someone in the future has a similar problem and can work through this site's search feature.

Last edited: