Feature - Rejected log all outgoing messages (or stop unchecking the box for it)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The problem is that mafia doesn't look at the current state of the checkable box (I think), it just includes a parameter that says not to save messages (or doesn't include the parameter, depending on exactly how that's coded by KoL). Without an extra server hit, the alternative is to save all outgoing messages. When I've seen this come up before, it was for buffbot requests, and most people don't really want those saved, but making a buffbot request means that the box is unchecked later since KoL uses the setting from the last sent message.

I haven't actually looked at the code, so this is all guessing based on how I probably would have coded things.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps related, or perhaps not, but kBay is presently offline because it needs a reliable way to make sure every message it sends is saved and apparently there are some bugs with KoL's native feature.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps related, or perhaps not, but kBay is presently offline because it needs a reliable way to make sure every message it sends is saved and apparently there are some bugs with KoL's native feature.

Which also affects wadbot, meaning that wadbot isn't running. Maybe it's worth removing the "send to wadbot" option for the time being? I know this is way off topic, but I didn't feel like making a feature request just for that, since it would have to be changed back "soon" anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No longer applicable; KoL itself no longer gives you option of saving or not saving messages.

Bale

Minion
You're going through all these old bugs/feature requests like a madwoman! Is there any way to sort these messages by tag or do you use a mind-numbing amount of endurance?

No longer applicable; KoL itself no longer gives you option of saving or not saving messages.

It's pretty nice when KoL adds a feature (automatic in-box saving/removal) which removes a need to add a new feature to KoLmafia.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You're going through all these old bugs/feature requests like a madwoman! Is there any way to sort these messages by tag or do you use a mind-numbing amount of endurance?
I've been going through page by page from oldest to newest. I'm curious to see which reports have been ignored for the longest and what our record of actually fixing things is. Many of the old reports I have simply marked Not Reproducible - especially when we've specifically asked the OP for further information and they never replied.

I found the occasional gem, like the radio buttons for offhand items in the Gear Changer, which I'd intended to eventually get to but just forgot about. Easier just to implement it and forget about it again. :)

When I spin the next release Real Soon Now, I'm probably not going to be fixing bugs for a few months, so, may as well make things as solid as I can...

stannius

I found the occasional gem, like the radio buttons for offhand items in the Gear Changer, which I'd intended to eventually get to but just forgot about. Easier just to implement it and forget about it again. :)

That feature is *awesome* BTW.