List sorting features in KOLMAFIA.....

WeeLittleMike

I love the current features of the usable items. Being able to sort/filter by different aspects of an item is EXTREMELY useful. It would be nice if that usefulness was extended to every list in the program. When I am looking to sell my stuff in the mall, I usually look to sell the items I have the most of. It would help to be able to sort by item amount, meat or power. It would also be cool if I could see/hide the item attributes of all items in the game (like booze, but for general items). I seem to find myself looking at kolwiki a lot to compare general items. I usually do not have to do this with food, booze or spleen items.

I have done a good deal of programming and don't think that this would take that much.......but then again, I wouldn't be doing the programming :p .....oh well, I throw myself at your mercy.

Though I might sound unappreciative, please know that you have made a great program and it is my first choice when playing KOL!

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=WeeLittleMike link=topic=1718.msg8115#msg8115 date=1210853614]
When I am looking to sell my stuff in the mall...[/quote]

That's the interface that I want to completely rewrite the most because I find it tedious to use. =\ So patching it with new capabilities isn't likely to happen.

That said, if you have any ideas on a friendlier, less-noisy interface for the mall that doesn't look like a spreadsheet, I'm open to them.

tebee

Just what is wrong with it looking like a spreadsheet? It would seem the natural interface for this sort of data.

Tom

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1718.msg8131#msg8131 date=1211242685]
That's the interface that I want to completely rewrite the most because I find it tedious to use. =\ So patching it with new capabilities isn't likely to happen.

That said, if you have any ideas on a friendlier, less-noisy interface for the mall that doesn't look like a spreadsheet, I'm open to them.
[/quote]

That was a project I put a lot of thought into at one time, and never quite figured it out...but I think this might be of interest. I expect there will be changes if used.

In order to show the basic functionality I needed some of the buttons to work, and I hard-coded some data in...it's just a demo. The "spreadsheet" has been replaced by a drop-down list, item additions and removals have been left for other tabs to handle. The "auto reprice" feature has been changed to auto Plan, the idea is simply to give the user a chance to modify what kolmafia has decided (I would use it then) before committing to the changes or just not commit at all.

The file for mall store management is Project2.zip it contains a windows EXE, and the Delphi 7 source.

I also have an idea which I think would improve the mall purchasing frame. It's limited to displaying of search results, and thus that's all that works in it's demo. It has a hard coded search listed in it. A look will tell all.

The file is Project1.zip which also contains a Windows EXE and the Delphi 7 source.

I hope these idea might at least get the creative wheels rolling :)

Attachments

• Project2.zip
    247.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Project1.zip
    240.3 KB · Views: 42