Feature - Implemented Link to Yossarian

exxyle

When doing the junkyard quest, after one of Yossarian's tools drops, would it be possible to get a link next to the tool to go straight back to Yossarian for the next assignment? Kinda minor, since it would only save 4 clicks (going back to the island map after battle), but it would be convenient.

Actually, you can do all 4 tools and turn them all in to Yossarian at the same time. The reason this appeals to me is, I was doing it your way, going to Yossa to turn in every tool, but I don't wear the war outfit when I'm doing that quest, so getting to Yossa entails of outfit frat warrior, visit yossarian, outfit backup, fight. Not ideal.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't wear the war outfit when I'm doing that quest, so getting to Yossa entails of outfit frat warrior, visit yossarian, outfit backup, fight. Not ideal.
Once he's given you the magnet, you don't need to wear the uniform when visiting him, until you are ready to collect his reward.

exxyle

Wait, once I have the magnet I can just go to the barrel->tires->fridge->car without turning in each tool one at a time? Guess I've been doing (sorta) wrong for a year then...nevermind :/

Rinn

Developer
No, Veracity said you can visit him out of uniform and he'll tell you the next zone and tool without turning in the tools you've already acquired. You need to visit him after getting each tool, so the link would be useful.

Terion

I haven't done it myself (I go back to Yossarian to remind myself what I'm looking for and where) but I do seem to recall that you can get all the tools without talking to Y in between; he gives you good direction, but is not actually triggering the appearance of the tool-gremlins once you've got the magnet.

Which is a separate thing from not requiring the outfit to get Y's direction; if you visit him out of uniform, the last bit will say something like "You hear him muttering about a <part> and <location>." Very nice quality-of-life change they did a ways back.