Feature - Implemented Let maximizer stop when it is not finding a better score

edgy

I think r15343 should fix this.

r15343: Unfortunately I'm still getting the same "You can't equip a grandfather watch because you're already wearing a Sasq™ watch" error when running maximize adv +equip Sasq™ watch naked.

Ran into another issue while working on a temporary fix. When not naked, it seems that maximize adv +equip Sasq™ watch (as well as maximize adv +equip grandfather watch) ignores acc1 and just used the current accessory. This does not happen using +equip on a non-watch accessory. Note: maximize adv still works as expected, you just can't force a particular watch. EDIT: Defining all accessories using +equip (i.e. maximize adv +equip Sasq™ watch +equip Uncle Hobo's epic beard +equip fudgecycle) works as a workaround to this issue.

Code:
Accessories before:
   over-the-shoulder Folder Holder
   Mayor Ghost's sash
   Jekyllin hide belt

> maximize adv +equip Sasq™ watch

Maximizing...
20736 combinations checked, best score 58.00
Putting on leather aviator's cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding time sword...
Equipment changed.
Holding Loathing Legion moondial...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Drunkula's cape...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Sneaky Pete's leather jacket...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Pantaloons of Hatred...
Equipment changed.
Putting on fudgecycle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Sasq™ watch...
Equipment changed.
Putting on solid shifting time weirdness...
Equipment changed.

Accessories after:
   over-the-shoulder Folder Holder
   fudgecycle
   Sasq™ watch

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
can you add 2 dump to your expression and post the result so I can see what it is considering ? Thanks

Theraze

As a guess, forcing an item probably doesn't exclude all members of its exclusion group. You can only equip one accessory from the 'watch' group, but if the maximizer has removed consideration of one specific watch and locked it to a specific slot, that wouldn't necessarily remove all other watches, as the maximizer would normally do.

Darzil

Developer
Think I've worked it out. Forcing an item (in the bit of code I didn't touch) was happening before assigning watches to the watch slot. So when you specify a watch, it is forced as an accessory rather than a watch. Will see what falls out of assigning watches to the watch slot before forcing the item to be added.

Edit - It only became an issue because I started reducing the size of slots if something was forced, to reduce calculations.

Last edited: