Bug - Won't Fix KoLmafia thinks Travoltan Trousers reduce the meat cost of FDKOL items

Catch-22

Title says it all. The pancakes and water drop don't get discounted even if you're wearing Travoltan Trousers.

I actually don't care if this gets fixed or not (I won't be fixing this one), because it's likely once the world event is over that any additional handling logic for the Travoltan Trousers will become useless. I just figured I would report it for the sake of making people aware of the behaviour.

On the KoL side of things, I do wonder how discounts are handled (ie. is it set at the store-level basis, or at the item-level?). I don't know of any other stores that deal in meat quantities that don't work with the Travoltan Trousers.

I bet it's at a store level, and this isn't a normal "meat" store, it's a hybrid, and thus not using the trousers discount logic. :) But what do I know.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know, I am certain this is a duplicate. GValko, I think, also posted that if you happen to be wearing the Travoltan trousers when you visit the FDKOL tent, the logging is incorrect.

- We do not (erroneously) attempt to equip them for a discount
- We do not lose track of how much Meat you actually spent.

The message "Buying 5 xxx for yyy Meat" in the session log is incorrect.

My response to the previous bug report (which I am not finding) is "meh".

My response to this one is also "meh".

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
On the KoL side of things, I do wonder how discounts are handled (ie. is it set at the store-level basis, or at the item-level?). I don't know of any other stores that deal in meat quantities that don't work with the Travoltan Trousers.
It works on store.php, and hence, not at the Trophy Hut and the Raffle House.
FDKOL Requisition Tent is shop.php. And hence, not there, either.

KoL COULD decide to make "store.php" AND "shop.php" accept the discount. As of today, they have not done so.

Meh.

Catch-22

It works on store.php, and hence, not at the Trophy Hut and the Raffle House.
FDKOL Requisition Tent is shop.php. And hence, not there, either.

KoL COULD decide to make "store.php" AND "shop.php" accept the discount. As of today, they have not done so.

Meh.

If that's the case, shouldn't the KoL logic reflect that, and only show the discounted price for items available through store.php pages?

Also, I just noticed this behaviour, can anyone confirm if this was always the case?

With Travoltan Trousers equipped:
> buy urinal cake

Purchasing urinal cake (1 @ 95)...
You acquire an item: urinal cake
You spent 96 Meat
Purchases complete.

Last edited: