Bug - Fixed kolmafia failing to login/open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 11173 will take all cookies - and will strip off all attributes, as before - at Login.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't know why I had it checked, but with "Use IP address to connect instead of host name" (setting name is connectViaAddress) I couldn't log in.

Quase

Is it just me or did the selectors stopped working on the item manager screen? As in: clicking food/booze/equip/others/no-trade has no effect...

Catch-22

I don't know why I had it checked, but with "Use IP address to connect instead of host name" (setting name is connectViaAddress) I couldn't log in.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I noticed this too. The option should be removed and the KOL_IP code should be taken out, you'll get a 302 if you try to access KoL via the IP address now (I'm assuming they mean 301).

shabob

Eh, in what way is this "Fixed"

Still failing to login for me, on build 11174. Command line output gives:
Code:
Validating login server (www.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Duplicate modifiers for: thick-skinned
Sending login request...
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/ => login.php?loginid=6f2bdceba571...
and then exits.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'd suggest "reading" the "thread" before making an "asinine post."

Let's be fair. I just read the whole thread, post by post, from the beginning because 11174 would NOT log in for me. The fact that the solution requires both a build greater than 11172 and that "Use IP address to connect..." be unchecked wasn't really stated clearly and concisely. Hopefully it is now ;-)

Winterbay

Aww crap. That'd mean that I can no longer connect to KoL from work then if connecting via IP is now out of the question (they recently changed the firewall to block the URL, but not the IP). Oh well. It was fun while it lasted :)

roippi

Developer
Aww crap. That'd mean that I can no longer connect to KoL from work then if connecting via IP is now out of the question (they recently changed the firewall to block the URL, but not the IP). Oh well. It was fun while it lasted :)

Connect via proxy might be an option?

Not that it matters at the moment as it appears that KoL's webserver has died.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Let's be fair.
I think roippi was fair. I, too, found both the use of scare quotes and the general tone of the message to be insulting.

Apparently KoL apparently made TWO server-side changes. One of them - the one that required new code to deal with - was specifically mentioned by CDM as "the" change that would require a KoLmafia change. The other one - breaking an existing feature/ability of KoLmafia that can be "fixed" only by removing code (or by the user simply unchecking a checkbox) - affects a small number of users and therefore was not seen my most people - including any KoLmafia dev except you, frono - and was not mentioned by CDM.

Since you are the only dev who was/is affected by the second issue, how about if you fix it?

roippi

Developer
My gut feeling is that the 302 redirects are a mistake, but we'll see. KoL is clearly having infrastructure issues.

shabob

I think roippi was fair. I, too, found both the use of scare quotes and the general tone of the message to be insulting.

Scare quotes? What on earth are you talking about.

The Bug was marked as "Fixed" -- "Fixed" is a status - it could just as well be "Confirmed" or "In Progress".

No implication was meant in using actual quotation marks to delineate a status field, much as you used such quotes (one presumes in a non-insulting fashion) in http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?10473-kolmafia-failing-to-login-open&p=76594&viewfull=1#post76594

Secondly, in what way was my post insulting? I reported an issue, provided CLI output in confirmation, and outlined what happened on my computer. Is there something more I should do? Should I provide an obligatory "Gee guys, you're all super-awesome! Have a Nice Day!"?

The bile in these forums lately is only overwhelming.

Last edited:

Theraze

The bug reported, that the cookie had a new required attribute that mafia wasn't aware of and wasn't passing, is fixed.

If you have a new bug report that connect via IP doesn't work... that's a new bug. This bug is fixed. No amount of complaining about how much you don't think it is will change that cookies are being processed more fully now and the cookie bug is gone.

irej24

KoLmafia login stuck at "synchronizing moon data..."

Hello,
I don't know much about programming, but I have used KoLmafia for years, love it and never had a problem. I got a macbook and still had no problem. Then my sister showed me how to take advantage of the daily builds, worked great for a while, but a couple weeks ago there was some kind of error that kept terminating the daily build updater. I was not sure if it was a mac thing, but the regular stable KoLmafia still worked for me, so i just went back to using that.

THEN KoLmafia login gets stuck at "synchronizing moon data..." and shuts down. So I dug out my old PC laptop and tried logging in there, same thing! I always left it in save password and I did not change any settings. On my old PC, to be sure it was some settings, I deleted all the data files and tried opening from scratch. I know my password is correct because when it's not, i get a bad password message.

I am at home, so unlike the other guy who was having this same trouble in the other recent thread, I dont have anybody blocking my internet use... but since i'm getting the same problem with two different computers/OS i'm very confused.

Thanks for any advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.