KingdomExplorer

Crowther

It might be a little clearer or more efficient or something.
It's certainly less ugly. That bothered me too.

I see you already fixed the Noob Cave, thanks. I believe I have one or two more, but I want to verify carefully before I submit a report. As you know, proof reading is not a skill I have.

Crowther

The hippy camp and frat house location names are a pain. The first two here are real. I have two "The Hippy Camp" on my slideshow. I believe the second is from the wartime disguise, while the one that actually says "In Disguise" is when you wear the matching camps outfit.

The Hippy Camp (4 days ago.)
The Hippy Camp (4 days ago.)
The Hippy Camp (Bombed Back to the Stone Age) (6 days ago.)
The Orcish Frat House (1 day ago)
The Orcish Frat House (In Disguise) (1 day ago)
The Orcish Frat House (Bombed Back to the Stone Age) (6 days ago.)

EDIT: Just to be clear, the extra bombed bad is from a multi.

EDIT: I also expected I'd have time to spade things out. Turns out most of the things on my "trouble" list have been fixed, but I was super lazy this weekend. I didn't even ascend liked I'd planned and not for a lack of time, but for a lack of motivation.

Last edited:

chown

Here is my hacked-up version of the script, that I am using mostly for informational purposes. As it stands, there is some "unreachable code" that can easily be enabled (remove the "return") in order to do automated adventuring.

Some of the changes may overlap with efforts by Crowther and/or Veracity; I haven't looked at their recent versions. The most notable thing I added (the reason I'm sharing this) is the parsing of the slide show preview that KoL provides. I still kept the Mafia log parsing as well, so that I can easily tell whether or not Mafia _thinks_ it has adventured at a given location.

In addition, in the disabled auto-adventure code, I attempt to order the adventures somewhat intelligently. I'm not sure if this is ever actually necessary with the current locations, but if, for example, Mafia had the different locations within Wormwood spread out within $locations[], this code should (I think) tend to group them together in order to avoid using 2 extra absinthes.

If you use the auto-adventure code, you might want to keep the "wait" commands in, just so that you aren't surprised by any of the actions that the script takes. Or, you might want to remove them, so that the script doesn't take forever to figure out that there aren't equipment changes and buffs that canadv can use to access most of the locations....

Anyway, I thought I'd share, in case it's useful to anyone.

Attachments

• KingdomExplorer.ash
    7.3 KB · Views: 38

chown

Oh, incidentally, now that I've looked at Veracity's latest post, I'm inclined to say that that version is better. It's certainly more succinct. I do like, in my own, that I added comments to explain why I blacklisted various locations. At some point, I may try to split that into two separate lists that allow for a distinction between locations that are not useful for the slideshow, and should therefore be disregarded entirely, versus locations that are useful, but only as recommendations for manual adventuring.

Bale

Minion
As Donavin69 is no longer active on these forums, I have migrated this script to SVN with his blessing so that other people can maintain or modify it as necessary.

People who have already contributed to it are Crowther and Veracity, consequently I have granted Veracity commit access on Sourceforge and as soon as Crowther tells me his Sourceforge ID I will add him as well.

To install this script, should it become useful for PvP once more, use the following CLI command:

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/kingdom-explorer/code/

Theraze

Since I asked about it 2 months ago and didn't get a response and it wasn't included in the SVN version... is there a reason why Pump Up Muscle isn't blacklisted, while Moxie and Mysticality are?

Bale

Minion
That seems like an obvious oversight so I'll make the change myself. If there's a reason that is not correct, I'm sure that someone will explain.

Crowther

People who have already contributed to it are Crowther and Veracity, consequently I have granted Veracity commit access on Sourceforge and as soon as Crowther tells me his Sourceforge ID I will add him as well.
I'm "crowkol". We'll see if there is another PvP season that uses that mini and I actually care enough that season. . .

Bale

Minion
That's fine. You now have update access, just in case you ever care. Donavin69 tells me that he doesn't actually have a sourceforge ID, but I'll add him to the project if that changes.

All that matters to me is that if there is another PvP season using this mini, people won't have trouble finding the fixed version in the middle of this thread instead of the first post.

So, thought of trying this to auto-hunt for cartouches. Since peevpee.php?action=slideshow does not exist (?) now, it will try to adventure anywhere not set as "forbidden". The cartouche logging should still occur, correct? I ask, because none appeared, so either it isn't logging them, or none of the locations it is able to visit contained one. And yes, I had the edpiece on. Considering adding a cartouche check in my local copy of the script so that it will stop when / if one is found. What else might be useful for this?

Magus_Prime

I'm trying this script for the first time and it's having a problem with choiceAdventure791. It's an interaction between Ed and Zarqon's BestBetweenBattle script resetting the choiceAdventure.

Code:
[931] A Massive Ziggurat
Encounter: Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Requested choice (1) for choice #791 is not currently available.
choice 6: Leave (skip adventure)
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

I've worked around the problem but thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That is not a problem with this script, it is entirely because of bestBetweenBattle. This script cannot fix that problem so please discuss it in BBB's thread.

PS. I cannot see how BBB would do that since it always sets the choice adventure to 6 unless you actually have 4 stone triangles. How many stone triangles do you have?

PPS. I've already changed my personal before battle script to do this:
Code:
	case $location[a massive ziggurat]:
		int choiceAdventure = my_path() == "Actually Ed the Undying"? 1002: 791;
		if(item_amount($item[stone triangle]) == 4)
			friendlyset(choiceAdventure,"1","Fight the final Protector Spectre.");
		else friendlyset(choiceAdventure,"6","Not enough triangles; skip the Protector Spectre.");
		return;

Last edited:

ungawa

Anyone know a good way to get this to abort if it finds a cartouche?
Today I made a kludgey "script" that was just a txt file with a line of "http://127.0.0.1:60080/adventure.php?snarfblat=" for each location, but after running that today I came to look for a more elegant solution and saw this.
I don't think text matching in my CCS will abort it since the combat will be over when it appears. Is there a way to use text matching or search the log to break the "foreach loc in $locations[]" loop?

Aramada

So, was thinking about seeing if I could use this script for my Elf/Reindeer proselytizing, and given that I don't code, and therefore don't read code, I could not answer the following questions about the script:

Is there a way to tell it, instead of adventuring in every zone you haven't been in for the past 5 days, as it is designed, to tell it to only do, say 40 zones and stop? Can I specify how many zones it does?

Thanks for any input!

~Aramada

Crowther

So, was thinking about seeing if I could use this script for my Elf/Reindeer proselytizing, and given that I don't code, and therefore don't read code, I could not answer the following questions about the script:

Is there a way to tell it, instead of adventuring in every zone you haven't been in for the past 5 days, as it is designed, to tell it to only do, say 40 zones and stop? Can I specify how many zones it does?

Thanks for any input!

~Aramada
He's my horrible start of an abomination of a script. It's very buggy. Mostly, I'm waiting to see if KoLmafia will support tracking, so I put my effort into other parts. Use this at your own risk! Think of it as a proof of concept.

Attachments

• pester.ash
    1.7 KB · Views: 62