Feature Junkyard tool goals

Bale

Minion
When mafia gets the next gremlin's tool information from the Junkyard, it would be convenient if it would add a goal for currentJunkyardTool at currentJunkyardLocation like it sets wine goals in the Haunted Wine Cellar.

nworbetan

If anyone does feel like adding this feature, it would be really nice if you could also add something in the relay browser to remind the user how many tools they've found so far, or a reminder to put on a war uniform after all 4 tools are found, or something along those lines.

A few days ago I was lazily playing on a multi and spent a bunch of extra turns after finding the last tool because, when I visited Yossarian out of uniform he asked for the last tool again, which I mindlessly continued to spend turns looking for.

Conveniently enough, I just did the junkyard quest again, and Yosarrian's re-request for the last tool (even though it's already been found) is something that happens in KoL proper, and not just mafia.

Last edited:
Would it require that I fetch the latest spading to add a request to this request?

Any time a tool is the goal, mafia "watches" for the tool, even if it hasn't been requested?

Turns out that the "right" version of the monster is always in the relative zone, even without the request, so they can be gotten out of order.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Would it require that I fetch the latest spading to add a request to this request?

No need for that, I've been switching up the zone order to optimize based on banishing shout results. Edit: Except Veracity asked for it. I've personally gone Barrel->Fridge and Barrel->Car for tool collecting. Barrel->Tires is always suboptimal with banishing shout.

Though as far as I can tell, that makes 3 separate feature requests in 3 posts here.

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=192613
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Retrieve_Yossarian's_Tools
(the update mentioned is not very clearly stated in the wiki, AND they left contrary information intact)
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Talk:Retrieve_Yossarian's_Tools
(talk page indicates it's been this way since 2008, that's some old spading to find)
I know, direct evidence, I'll be back in about a week with a log containing me fighting them, and then turning them in without talking to him after getting the magnet, and out of order.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I do not accept "random shit on the Wiki" as "spading". However, since lost has confirmed it from personal experience, that's good enough for me.

nworbetan

Oh wow, the thread that made me start building mafia from source in the first place. :)

I still think updating the junkyard page to let people know when they're done collecting tools even when they're not in uniform is a nice thing to do.

Attachments

• IslandDecorator.patch
    901 bytes · Views: 29

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
10993 adds the features from the second and third post. The original feature request of setting a goal has not been addressed.