Java refuse to let Mafia start even though I could use Mafia mere moments ago.

Ferdawoon

Ok, Im using KoLMafiaUpdater as my basic way to start Mafia (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2856-Automatically-download-the-newest-daily-build). I was playing just fine on my Main when I went to log on to my Multi instead. As I seen people mention that I should exit Mafia completly because there is a slight risk something might go bad otherswise, I did and restarted KoLMafiaUpdater and got this message.

[Java Virtual Machine Launcher]<-- label of the window
Could not find the main class: net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.
Program will exit.

Moments later I then got a notice to update Java, which I did and tried to run KoLMafiaUpdater again: Same message.

I then thought "Ahaa.. Maybe something with fetching the files from Souceforge? So I went to where KoLMafia is found on ym disk and ran KoLmafia-9585 from there. Same message..

If I had installed some wierd stuff, sure, it could have fecked something up, but here I play on my Main on one session and not even a minute later Java refuse to let me run Mafia.

Yes, I restarted my computer both before and after the Java Update (think it was something like v26 of Java that it installed)

Using Win7 Home Edition x64 and Service Pack 1.

Winterbay

Somehow build 9585 is not building the same as the others. Using 9583 (the closest earlier than 9585 that is downloadable) works just fine.

Edit: Look at the size of it. If it is around 1.5MB instead of 3.5MB you have the same error as I got.

Ferdawoon

Yup, KoLmafia-9585 is just 1,121Mb. Gonna go to the list and get a previous version and try agian.

EDIT: Yup 9583 is working fine so far. At least it managed to launch which is better than 9585 =D

Last edited: