Developer
Staff member
OK. Here's a fix to familiar messages:

[23039] Fudge Mountain
Encounter: fudge poodle
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: Veracity attacks!
Round 2: fudge poodle takes 972 damage.
Round 2: Your pet did a thing; I don't know what it did. / Perhaps it went skiing, or huggled a squid?
Round 2: Veracity wins the fight!
After Battle: Your pet did a thing that might just save the day, / I'm afraid you were looking the opposite way.
You gain 10 Mojo points
You acquire an item: fudgecule (12)
After Battle: Your pet indicates, with a grin of its grinner, / that it thinks you to be quite a winningful winner.
You gain 33 Strongness
You gain 14 Magicalness
You gain 18 Roguishness
Notice that the sombrero rhyme appears, as do the stat gains.

Annoyingly, they have changed CoT familiar actions into rhymes. Previously, my adorable seal larva - even with rhyme combat - would say

Round 2: Infernal Grrl tosses you a clump of nuggets. I don't know where they came from, and I'm not going to ask.

Now, in rhyme, I'll see something like

Round 2: Your pet did a thing; I don't know what it did. / Perhaps it went skiing, or huggled a squid?
or
Round 5: Your pet did a thing; I didn't see it, did you? / I guess it just did what they usually do.

... and a nugget secretly appears in my inventory, which I do not see until I refresh it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interestingly enough, in the Suburbs of Dis, I see:

Infernal Grrl tosses you a clump of nuggets. I don't know where they came from, and I'm not going to ask.

You added a stench nuggets to your collection!
No booty will escape your careful inspection!
which logs as
Round 4: Infernal Grrl tosses you a clump of nuggets. I don't know where they came from, and I'm not going to ask.You added astench nuggetsto your collection! / No booty will escape your careful inspection!
I might have broken detecting item drops from familiar actions in rhymed combat. Investigating...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10192 improves familiar action handling in rhyme.

Regarding putting stones into the altar in the suburbs of Dis:

suburbandis.php?action=stoned&pwd&stone1=xxx&stone2=xxx

This is almost like a creation method, except you "create" 100 turns of a status effect, not an item. We could have a "stoned" command which will take an effect name or a keyword or something and try to invoke the altar appropriately, if you have the appropriate ingredients. It would help if we had a way of knowing whether you've completed the quest, first.

Whatever happened to ropippi's project to improve Quest Progress detection? ;)

matt.chugg

hmm I looked at that for a bit, but got sidetracked! I actually have a patch somewhere that adds tracking upto level 10, but then the macguffin and war became more complicated since I thought there should be sub quest tracking! I'll see what I can do!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not really happy that there is a single thread for all of this, since we presumably can't mark it Implemented until all three new items are in. But, we are so close. I created another thread for Anapestic Combat. Other than that, the following are all I can think of that isn't finished:

resolution: be more adventurous can be used 5 times per day. Each usage banks +2 adventures for the next rollover. We should track daily usage and account for the rollover adventures, just as we do for rollover adventures granted by certain familiars.

Monster stats for monsters in Suburban Dis: HP, Attack, Defense.
Monster item drops in Suburban Dis: actual percentages
Adventure range for green eggnog and green hamhock

Add a "stoned" CLI command to use SuburbanDisRequest to turn in stones at the Altar in Dis to get effects.

Bale

Minion
I'm not really happy that there is a single thread for all of this, since we presumably can't mark it Implemented until all three new items are in.

I am sure that StDoodle will never do that again. In the future if I ever see anyone else try to group unrelated features like this, I'll smash the thread into its component pieces with a big hammer. (And I suspect the other minions will also take that as a mission.) You shouldn't have to deal with this mistake again next January.

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, sorry, I had no idea there would be so much extra stuff along with that one guy (I still don't have either of them, just the book). I didn't want to spam the bug-reporting thread with three different posts... but that would probably have been much better in retrospect. Rest assured that if anyone here has figured out how to split and merge posts (I never quite "got" it), I certainly wouldn't find that amiss, even if deleting my first post is necessary to do so.

slyz

Developer
resolution: be more adventurous can be used 5 times per day. Each usage banks +2 adventures for the next rollover. We should track daily usage and account for the rollover adventures, just as we do for rollover adventures granted by certain familiars.
Added in r10226.

Bale

Minion
Rest assured that if anyone here has figured out how to split and merge posts (I never quite "got" it), I certainly wouldn't find that amiss, even if deleting my first post is necessary to do so.

I'm a master of the art, but at this point it would be more confusing to split the thread. We might as well play this game out since it is almost done.

Heck, it would be easier just to create new feature requests for the remaining elements:
Monster stats for monsters in Suburban Dis: HP, Attack, Defense.
Monster item drops in Suburban Dis: actual percentages
Adventure range for green eggnog and green hamhock

Add a "stoned" CLI command to use SuburbanDisRequest to turn in stones at the Altar in Dis to get effects.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Heck, it would be easier just to create new feature requests for the remaining elements:
Done, with the exception of fixing the adventure range for the green hamhock and green eggnog. Right now they are simply "21". If anybody ever figures out something better, we will update the range, but it doesn't seem critical to me; if you have the items and want to use them, they are EPIC and already sort to the top of the Food/Booze lists.

I'm going to close this.