Issue with the 'notify' function

izchak

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=518.msg2548#msg2548 date=1161133839]
Just prior to any import directives you may have in your script, you may optionally provide a "notify" directive, which will send the documented person a notification email stating that the given script was executed.

notify <holatuwol>;

Only one of these may exist in a script (it must be present BEFORE the import statement), and only the one at the top level execution will be honored (ie, all scripts further down in the chain will be ignored). Basically, because it must be at the beginning, it will be absolutely clear that you want your script to phone home. As this is intended for knowing who ran your script, the phone home will only happen once per script, even if multiple players use it, and message sending will not happen again unless the person deletes their global preferences or uses KoLmafia in a fresh directory, or the script decides to delete the property which tracks this.
[/quote]

Recently, I started to use the 'notify' function in a few of my public scripts. I have since received several emails from people notifying me about usage of other scripts, scripts that I didn't write, and that presumably have no import directive in them. Is this intended?

This also applies to scripts that I write, without an import directive. For instance, yesterday I wrote a swift script to identify dusty wines. Upon running it, it sent an email to myself notifying myself about the running of the script, despite that script not having an import directive!

Bug, or feature?