Is there a way to save the window size and postions?

WeeLittleMike

Every time I start Mafia, I have to move and resize the windows. Is there any way to save the size and positions so that when I start up, they are where they should be?

Thanks.

johnnyrichter

I've been wondering this same thing. Would be a lot more convenient if it saved window positions.

If I resize the main window to a smaller size, and have it docked in the bottom-right corner of my screen...the next startup extends the main window back to full size, but it extends below and to the right of the viewable screen area. I have to drag it back out so it's fully viewable, then resize it again.

Camber

It's because of a recent 'improvement' on the Gear Changer page which allows slots for 3 stickers. I don't have any stickers, so it would be nice if that page had a scrollbar and a smaller default size.

Thanks!

Bale

Minion
I imagine that for people who don't have the sticker tome or purchase stickers, it might be nice to be able to turn off that feature so that those 3 open slots don't sit there taunting you and making your window larger.

As for myself, I do wish that it would show the number of stickers of each type that are available, like the bedazzle command does. (Hey! Jason! Can you add that pretty please?)

zarqon

I always thought it would be nice if Mafia didn't show you interfaces for things you can't do. Like feed ghost/hobo buttons when you don't have those familiars, sticker equipment slots when you don't have any stickers, skills you can't cast anymore in the casting menu...

jasonharper

Developer
[quote author=zarqon link=topic=1999.msg10167#msg10167 date=1228357883]
I always thought it would be nice if Mafia didn't show you interfaces for things you can't do. Like feed ghost/hobo buttons when you don't have those familiars, sticker equipment slots when you don't have any stickers, skills you can't cast anymore in the casting menu...
[/quote]
The problem with this is making the interfaces available again for things you become able to do. For example, you might not have any stickers now... but you could at some point buy one, pull one, or receive one via kmail, and there's no mechanism in place for rebuilding the affected parts of the GUI if they didn't already contain the relevant controls.

I've made the Gear Changer scrollable in r6569, so at least it won't force windows to be larger due to the presence of the sticker slots.

zarqon

The torso slot at least is disabled if you don't have the skill. Could we do something like that?

WeeLittleMike

My initial question was not really about the items on the interface, but simply to store the top left and bottom right coordinates of the windows. I use two monitors with the main interface and minibrowser on one screen and firefox on the other with the kolwiki up on it (and various other windows). Everytime I start up KOLMafia, it defaults to my main monitor and I have to position the windows to get them back to where I like them. If there was away to store the information in the user preferences, then the windows would start off right where I left them.