Bug - Fixed intergnat appears to screw up ultrarare detection/autostop

techrat

so i have a stupid little script that walks the UR zones iteratively and spends adventures. in the past, when it's found a UR (all of the once it's done so), it's stopped as expected because hey, UR combat. but the intergnat's OCRS-like modification of text seems to throw off the detection/autostop. come back to survey the outcome of today's events and found a 17-ball in my inventory.

relevant bit from sessions\[today].txt:
[14603] The Haunted Billiards Room
Encounter: pooltergeist AND TESLA!
Round 0: techrat loses initiative!
Round 1: techrat executes a macro!
Round 1: techrat uses the dictionary!
Round 2: techrat uses the dictionary!
Round 3: techrat uses the dictionary!
Round 4: pooltergeist takes 8 damage.
Round 4: pooltergeist takes 2 damage.
Round 4: You lose 1 hit point
Round 4: techrat uses the dictionary!
Round 5: techrat attacks!
Round 6: pooltergeist takes 634 damage.
Round 6: techrat wins the fight!
After Battle: You gain 8 Mana Points
After Battle: Spamalot finds a leek somewhere and sings a polka while twirling it around.
You acquire an item: 17-ball
After Battle: Spamalot accidentally nudges your hand into the nearby tesla coil. BZAP!
After Battle: You gain 57 Mana Points
You acquire an item: BACON
After Battle: You gain 3 Fortitude
After Battle: You gain 15 Enchantedness
After Battle: You gain 4 Smarm

i realize this will be all but impossible to reproduce, but i thought i would report it all the same.

Ethelred

I think it's always been that way with the 17-ball, but a clannie reports that it happened with the Baiowulf as well. So hopefully, one of the devs can tweak some regex incantation somewhere to fix that.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Notice that the original encounter was "pooltergeist AND TESLA!" but it successfully disambiguated it to "pooltergeist".
We have to disambiguate it via its image.

monsters.txt:

Code:
pooltergeist	386	poolter.gif	Atk: 25 Def: 23 HP: 27 Init: 70 P: undead	1-ball (3)	2-ball (3)	3-ball (3)	4-ball (3)	5-ball (3)	6-ball (3)	7-ball (3)	8-ball (15)
Pooltergeist (Ultra-Rare)	0	poolter2.gif	ULTRARARE Atk: 55 Def: 48 HP: 50 Init: 70 P: undead	17-ball (100)

consequences.txt:

Code:
MONSTER	Pooltergeist	poolter2\.gif	"Pooltergeist (Ultra-Rare)"
Notice that if the encounter is "Pooltergeist" it will check the image - but the actual monster is "pooltergeist".

Revision 16937. Untested. ;)