Feature In Skill Casting tab, enable Recovery Items dropdown selections to be persistent.

wertperch

By default, in the Recovery Items tab, there are three columns automatically selected, with an option to include Mallprice, MP Restore and HP Restore. Selecting, say, MP Restore works fine for the current session, but I would love an option to make a selection permanent, so it carries over to a new session.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-18_14-48-39.png
    Screenshot_2023-09-18_14-48-39.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 3

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Interesting! I did not know that existed.

I use Item Manager>Restores panel, which has all but mallprice selected by default. I'm not even sure why the Recovery Items even exists under Skill Casting when it's not at all skills casting and it's also under the Item Manager (which I always have open in a separate frame).

To be honest, what I really want is a restores pane somewhere that includes items and spells and resting etc. Basically a maximizer style list of restores and their costs.

1695089732098.png

wertperch

Equally interesting! I'd forgotten that existed.

In either case, a persistent setting would be wonderful =]

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
code-wise, they're both RestorativeItemPanel, but the one in ItemManagerFrame.java is taking advantage of that Frame's setHeaderState and saveHeaderState, and it's saving them to the GLOBAL_prefs.txt as headerStates, so it's doing what you want, just not where you want.

TBH, my inclination is to remove the duplicate from Skills casting, but I'm also loathe to mess with 15 year old code that at least one of us knew was there and used.

wertperch

Ahah! That's good, I see that it's saved in Item Manager, thank you!

This solves my issue, basically. If someone cares to make changes to the code in Skill Casting, it's fine. I do sort of see why restores are under Skills Casting, as if someone casts a bunch of stuff they may then need to restore MP. Still, it's odd that they don't match up in terms of use.