Bug - Fixed In Bad Moon, "eat Jumbo Dr. Lucifer" bought from mall, rather than Hell's Kitchen

nema

In Bad Moon, "eat Jumbo Dr. Lucifer" bought from mall, rather than Hell's Kitchen

Checked the session log to see that indeed this happened.

Ideally it would not even use any from inventory in this situation, or at least if it was valued less than 150.

I encountered this from autobasement.ash, but I am assuming that script isn't the problem.

roippi

Developer
Hell's kitchen is not implemented in mafia. This would be a feature request. Changing title.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes it is. We have HellKitchenRequest and the CLI "kitchen" command to go there. If you try to "eat Jumbo Dr. Lucifer", the first thing the UseItemCommand will try if you are in Bad Moon is a KitchenCommand.visit(), to get the item from there.

In other words, it is intended to behave precisely as the OP requests - and I see the code to do that.

So, something is wrong.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I encountered this from autobasement.ash, but I am assuming that script isn't the problem.
That's a big assumption. If the script does "eat Jumbo Dr. Lucifer", we should have gone to Hell's Kitchen, and that is a mafia issue. If it first did an "acquire" - to get it into inventory - and then did an "eat", that is a script issue.

In other words, don't "assume". :)

Can we see your session log, please? Thanks,

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not an NPC store, since you can't use it to get an item into inventory. It is a Cafe - something that sells you something that you immediately consume without it passing through inventory.

Winterbay

That's a big assumption. If the script does "eat Jumbo Dr. Lucifer", we should have gone to Hell's Kitchen, and that is a mafia issue. If it first did an "acquire" - to get it into inventory - and then did an "eat", that is a script issue.

In other words, don't "assume". :)

Can we see your session log, please? Thanks,

autobasement.ash calls "eatsilent(1, $item[Jumbo Dr. Lucifer]);". Would that make any difference?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ha. Yes, apparently. We go to Hell's Kitchen is the command equals "eat" or "drink" - but not for "eatsilent" or "overdrink".