Feature - Implemented improved how maximizerMRU works

Status
Not open for further replies.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As a player who uses the modifier maximizer tab a lot, I am completely confused here. After having read this whole thread and popup help from the button I have no idea what all this means to me. You guys are talking about hidden preferences (which btw piss me off, if it's there fucking document it and put it in the preferences box, otherwise what's the point) and modifying the maximize list which I've always been told was not possible without editing the source code and compiling my own mafia.

Can someone please explain to me if I can edit that list without compiling my own version? Probably coming off as an ass here, which I don't intend, I'm just confused and trying to figure out how to edit that list, which is something I very much want the ability to do.

You are not making any friends with your attitude.

See documentation here. See previous discussion here and here. The fact that you failed to participate should not be a reason to use profanity. If you were told that "editing" the list was not possible after 10022 then perhaps you were asking the wrong people?

As for "hidden preferences" you can be as annoyed as you want. Feel free to channel your annoyance into a constructive discussion about how to improve a GUI to manage preferences.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the links, sorry for the offense, I'll go back to banning myself from talking again.

It could have been worse. In spite of everything you did make a point about the visibility of preferences and it would be a useful community exercise to try and figure out which of the 1000+ preferences should be directly user visible, which ones only matter to the code and how they should be documented, displayed and edited.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If every preference had to be visible, they just wouldn't exist. They can be hidden away (but not totally, the prefref alias does a good job of finding them), or the values can be hardcoded and you're just out of luck if you want any options for things.

If you really want to see them all, /settings/GLOBAL_prefs.txt and /settings/[playername]_prefs.txt have them all to browser (close mafia before making changes, otherwise the changes will be overwritten).

roippi

Developer
This was just implemented in r12105. Discussion can be found in this similar-but-not-exactly-the-same-thing thread. Locking this thread which got way off topic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.