Feature - Rejected Implement Dream Chance as a something that mafia keeps track of.

How dream chance works:

Your base chance of dreaming is 5%.

Your housing impacts this -- housing increases your chance of getting a dream by sqrt(5*housing level)%, where levels are the following (It's just max HP restored/5):
The Ground: 1
Newbiesport Tent: 2
Barskin Tent: 4
Cottage: 6
Pyramid: 7
House: 8
Sandcastle: 10
Ginormous Pumpkin: 10
Faraday Cage: 10
House of Twigs and Spit: 12
Gingerbread House: 14
Hobo Fortress: 17

Having a pagoda increases this by an additional (2 sqrt(10)/(1+sqrt 2))% -- This is 2.61%, roughly.

The Gauze Hammock, if it's in your dwelling, increases dream chance by 2.887% (I could get a formula but it'd be SUPER ugly and use the madelung constant.)

The Dreadful Pajamas, when equipped, increase your chance of dreaming by 10%.

Helps-you-sleep/sleep mask/other things may impact this, but are unspaded.

So, could this get implemented?

slyz

Developer
What do you want implemented exactly?

Since there are so few equipments that affect "Dream Chance", and since the Maximizer won't suggest using furniture, I don't think having a modifier would be very helpful. This information seems pretty marginal and could be easily provided by a script, like a campground.php override.

Maybe recovery scripts like Bale's could take it into account and maximize dream chance before using rests.

If dreaming becomes a more important content vector, we will definitively support it, but until then I don't think it's worth supporting.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are currently unknown and unknowable effects on dreamchance, and anything new that gets added can't be supported. This type of guesswork is best left to a script.

Also, what you would actually type in, if this was implemented, is "dreamchance". That's the same thing you'll type to call the script that someone writes.

Theraze

Unless it were implemented as a property, but yes. :D And even if it is done by a script, it could write its result to the property and then cannonfire could do the get dreamchance and it would return the results...

Bale

Minion
If dreaming becomes a more important content vector, we will definitively support it, but until then I don't think it's worth supporting.

Became a little bit more useful today. It's still kinda niche, but hey.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are two unknown houses. It's anyone's guess whether any other new thing affects dreamchance (someone in /clan today speculated the DB resting skills might affect it, for example). That leads me to point to my previous post.