Bug I-911 location not seen as being available issues again (still)... Can we track availability and possibly turns remaining from quest tracker?

b bandit

I have a script that contains,

adv1($location[A Deserted Stretch of I-911], -1, "");

This worked fine for a long time previously, but the last couple revisions I have downloaded it is saying that it isn't a valid location. and stops the script. (the location is available, I leave it open and adventure there once a day, then using the grimstone mask whenever it comes to the end of 30 turns spent there)

I am able to make it recognize the location as being available by adventuring there before running the script, and then running the script.

Was working with earlier revisions, I tried KoLmafia-26824, and it seems to work there still. (KoLmafia-26989 does not work)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Apparently I had a misunderstanding about how this worked.
When you use a mask, you are given 30 turns of Hare-Brained.
I thought that the zone was available only when you had that effect.
If you use all 30 turns in the zone right away, that is effectively true.
However, the Wiki says this about the effect:

Adventuring at A Deserted Stretch of I-911 will reset the duration to the time remaining at that zone.

So, apparently the zone is "open" until you have spent 30 turns there.
The effect does not limit your adventuring in the zone. It limits your stats while you are in the zone - or anywhere else.

(Adventuring in the zone made it work for you again because it gave you turns of the effect.)

That should be easy to fix.

b bandit

Apparently I had a misunderstanding about how this worked.
When you use a mask, you are given 30 turns of Hare-Brained.
I thought that the zone was available only when you had that effect.
If you use all 30 turns in the zone right away, that is effectively true.
However, the Wiki says this about the effect:

So, apparently the zone is "open" until you have spent 30 turns there.
The effect does not limit your adventuring in the zone. It limits your stats while you are in the zone - or anywhere else.

(Adventuring in the zone made it work for you again because it gave you turns of the effect.)

That should be easy to fix.
It is also possible to have the hare-brained effect even after the zone is not available. I can't tell you the exact things you need to do to make that happen, but I can assure you I have done it messing around with the zone in the past. Maybe something involving free fights.

b bandit

I had this problem again in r27022. And resolved it the same way.. (manually going adventuring there and getting hare-brained) but didn't seem to have the problem running the same revision yesterday and a couple days ago.

b bandit

There is still an issue with mafia in this zone.. I know I am literally the only person who uses the zone (because nobody else shows up on the leaderboard) but I use it every day. It's a pretty magic place because for one thing you can get three guaranteed pvp fights from using feel superior there, which considers the enemy to have been "defeated" every round in that zone.

I have to go in manually to get hare brained all the time though, because mafia still doesn't recognize the zone as being available at times.

The progress is tracked in the quest tracker, so maybe referencing that would be a more reliable way for mafia to keep track if the zone is available
The quest tracker looks like this at the start, and counts down the turns remaining. Turns decrement by adventuring in the zone, or runaways or free fights in the zone. Turns spent outside the zone, or in the zone with wandering monsters do not decrease the counter.

The counter persists across multiple days and will remain as long as the zone is open.

Help the hare win the race at I-911.
Turns remaining: 30
Est. Finish Time: 30:00.000

VladYvhuce

Hmm... I'd forgotten about the golem mask stuff. I think I got the familiar back when I was less able to generate turns well in non-standard.