How to find various usables...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am a Display Case Completionism which means my unachievable goal is to have one of every displayable item in my display case. The items should be there over rollover but I am willing to pull something, use it, and then return it.

I "discover" items that can be used, for some benefit, but are not consumed. The chocolate covered ping-pong ball is one item that I just found out would be useful to pull, use and return. I discover others as people add things to Breakfast or ask about them as Daily Deeds.

Is there a scriptable way I can check items in my DC for ones that can be used but are not consumed when doing so? A proxy value or modifier, perhaps?

If not I wonder about a proxy field that returns a preference if using the item is tracked by a preference? If the preference is a daily preference then the item is a candidate for pulling from the DC and using.

An alternative would be a KoLmafia maintained data file that can be accessed from a script and maps items that can be used to the preference that tracks them.

Ideas about how to do this now? If not any suggestions about a Feature Request?

Crowther

The chocolate covered ping-pong ball is consumed on use.

I think what you want is "$item[chocolate covered ping-pong ball].reusable".

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The chocolate covered ping-pong ball is consumed on use.

I think what you want is "$item[chocolate covered ping-pong ball].reusable".

I misunderstood the wiki on the ccppb's reusability.

reusable may be good enough, though. I think I want things that are reusable possible filtered by item type. I'll run some experiments. Thanks.