Hiring scripter - need a custom mmg script

spineblaZe

I have an MMG script I'd like written, but lack the knowledge on how to do it. If someone can help me out just PM me, I'm paying 300,000 (obo) meat, it shouldn't take long to do (under an hour I'm guessing)

Thanks!
spineblaze

*EDIT* I just noticed this forum isn't for requesting scripts.... Is there a forum dedicated for that?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've looked at that script. It doesn't bet how I want it to, and I haven't the slightest clue on how to modify it.

Well you need to tell us how you do want to bet. You might also explain why you understand how it bets but don't know how to modify it. Perhaps at $.40/hr it might be more fun to teach you scripting for free.

Wow, I should quit my day job and become a pro ash-scripter! I am feeling intensely jealous of the phat salaries that you guys can command. :)

spineblaZe

Perhaps it was rude of me to offer meat, I'm not sure what warranted the hostility. I would like a script that places 1000 meat bets until 10 in a row are lost, then places larger bets until one is won, and then starts over. It would be similar to the other scripts that are already out there, so I don't think it would take long for someone with the proper knowledge to modify.

If you think you can help me out, just shoot me a PM and I will give you more details.
-spineblaZe

Camber

Offering meat is okay - and appreciated, but a suggested starting point is 1 Mr. Accessory for a script, and even that is only $10 or about 8 million meat (as of today). And know that keeping secret your stategy is moot as any script developed for you will be posted here for all to see, so PMing isn't really necessary.

Now if you wanted help writing your own script, we would be glad to help you.

icon315

would you rather somone write you a script for 8m, or someone teach you how to write one for free...plus you may learn to write more scripts

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps it was rude of me to offer meat, I'm not sure what warranted the hostility.
Well it was rude of us to be hostile. The problem is there are two economies at work here. One is the game economy where 100,000 meat is a "decent" quantity and ~8 million for a Mr. A is impressive enough to take notice of in the game. The other economy is the real world where the federal minimum wage is $7.50 (for those folks who have jobs) or about 1 Mr. A per hour. Whether that is considered generous or ludicrous depends upon real life economic situations but what seems generous in game terms is not always seen as worthwhile in real life terms. Go figure.

That said, I look at the documentation for Veracity's MMG Script and it looks like it comes close. Set the factor to 1.0 so you always bet the same amount and set the loss threshold to 10 so you stop after 10 losses. That covers the first half of your request. So your script would call hers until there are 10 losses and then you would write something that placed larger bets until one was won. Perhaps someone will address that as part of "Learn to Script 101". Maybe even me if I get some time.

As a mathematician I do have to point out that your strategy will lose money and is likely to lose more than the traditional Martingale, so you might wish to reconsider whether you even want the script at all.

spineblaZe

would you rather somone write you a script for 8m, or someone teach you how to write one for free...plus you may learn to write more scripts

Teaching might be a good option. I understand the concept but lack the coding knowledge.

Here's what I want to do:

bet 1,000 meat
if wins start over, if loses bet
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
1,000 meat
50,000 meat
100,000 meat
200,000 meat
450,000 meat
1,000,000 meat
2,000,000 meat
5,000,000 meat
Start over no matter what

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Nested if statements would probably work nicely. Just a rough framework:
PHP:
while(my_meat()>1000) {
    mmg_make_bet1000, false);
    while(mmg_wait_event(2000)==0) {}
    if(mmg_bet_winnings()<0) {
        mmg_make_bet(1000, false);
        while(mmg_wait_event(2000)==0) {}
        if( ... etc ...
    }
}

I'm not going to write it all out, but if you have any questions about any of these functions, check out the KoLmafia (ASH) wiki. It's not very detailed on these MMG functions, I'm afraid, but it should be enough.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. So the first question concern stopping. When does this stop? When you run out of meat or you make enough meat or what? Are you going to use meat from your inventory only or are Hagnk's and the closet allowed?

spineblaZe

I want it to to stop when I run out of meat. Also, only use meat from inventory, nothing from my closet, hanks, etc...

Thanks heeheehee I'll look at that and see if I can figure it out.

Theraze

If you're going to keep betting until you run out of meat, doesn't that guarantee failure long-term? Or are you banking meat at some point?

slyz

Developer
No, he has a system. The first 10 lost bets of of 10k are a sacrifice to the RNG, and prevent further losses.

slyz

Developer
Sorry for double post.

Here's an (untested) mod of Veracity's MMG Script. I'll adapt her explanation for this version:

You can configure four things at the top of the script:

Code:
// initial bet amount 
int amount = 1000;

// set to true if betting from storage
boolean storage = false;

// if your meat on hand exceeds this amount, closet the excess
int closet_threshold = 15000000;

// maximum loss count before the amount of the bets start raising
int loss_threshold = 10;

Call it by typing call mmg_spineblaZe.ash. Mafia will prompt you for 2 values:
  • chain_count: how many chains you want to run at once - from 1 to 5
  • iterations: how many times to run each chain

The script will keep placing bets until you have a win (the amount of the bet starts raising after 10 consecutive losses in that chain). When you have a win, or when the 5m bet is lost, the iteration is over and a new iteration starts.

You can have several betting chains going on at the same time, so you are not stuck waiting for someone to take a bet in one chain to move on.

I have been meaning to understand Veracity's MMG script for some time now, and I finally got an excuse to get a good look at it. In the end, I only had to modify 10 lines or less. I think you should send loads of meat her way to express some gratitude.

Attachments

• mmg_spineblaZe.ash
    4.3 KB · Views: 23