Feature - Implemented Hippy Stone broken? aka Save me from myself !

Darzil

Developer
Any chance of a check if the Hippy Stone is broken before some or any of the following actions happen (a bit like checks for Milk / Ode) :

Eating, drinking or spleening a +pvp consumable.
Using CSA Fire-starting kit.

It's usually Hatorade and CSA kit that catch me out, as I often don't break the stone til the end of the day, but must remember to do these afterwards !

AlbinoRhino

I always start using my goth kid without remembering to break it. Eventually I notice that there is no "charges" counter.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For food/booze/spleen, it really should be a more general thing if it's going to be done at all. That would first require that mafia know about them giving +pvp fights. The fire-starting kit would probably have to be done as a special case.

There are probably a lot of people that use the goth kid for crayon monsters and don't bother breaking their stone, so I don't think that can reasonably be covered.

My solution is for my postAscensionScript to ask me if I want to break my stone, and then do it (via visit_url() ).

Catch-22

The extra PVP fights you get from a fire-starting kit are actually the result of a choice adventure triggered by the kit, not the kit itself. The handling for that would need to be part of the choice adventure handler.

I assume that if you use something that gives you extra PvP fights before breaking the stone, those extras fights are lost completely?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Back when I was doing PVP, that would not have done it for me. I found that breaking my hippy stone at the end of day one meant that I was not automatically losing PVP fites before I had at least one day of leveling behind me and a chance to do - something - to prepare for my own fites.

Of course, I was not accumulating extra PVP fites from the Goth Kid. But then, as Boris or a Zombie Master, I wasn't running with a Goth Kid, anyway.

AlbinoRhino

Back when I was doing PVP, that would not have done it for me. I found that breaking my hippy stone at the end of day one meant that I was not automatically losing PVP fites before I had at least one day of leveling behind me and a chance to do - something - to prepare for my own fites.

Of course, I was not accumulating extra PVP fites from the Goth Kid. But then, as Boris or a Zombie Master, I wasn't running with a Goth Kid, anyway.

This was why I never broke it automatically, as well. However, it just occurred to me that I can put some logic in my before battle script to break it if I bust out the Goth Kid.

Catch-22

Eating, drinking or spleening a +pvp consumable.

This patch adds support for warning you before eating, drinking, spleening a pvp consumable, also protects you from "over-banking" your PVP fights (Edit: No it doesn't) by prompting you when you try to consume if you already have enough fights banked (ie. if you try to eat a "gunpowder burrito" when you have 98 fights remaining, it will ask if you want to waste the 1 additional fights).

It works the same way as milk/ode protection, so it will only nag you once per session, this is one warning shared across any consumable item that gives a PvP fight. If you're warned once that consuming the item is going to be a waste (say you're at 100 fights), it won't warn you the next time. I did it this way on purpose as that's the way the milk protection works, etc. but it would be easy enough to change.

Perhaps I could make it so that if you heed the warning, you'll get warned again but if you don't heed the warning (ie. you're sure) then it won't ask you again that session. Any thoughts on that?

CSA fire starting kit is a choice adventure, so the handling for that would need to be slightly different, I could do that at a later time, but not part of this patch.

Edit: I haven't done PvP in a while, but I just came to the realization that PvP fights may work the same way as adventures, meaning that you could have more than 100 from consumables and they only get capped at rollover. Perhaps the "over-banking" check isn't really all that useful. Can anyone familiar with PvP confirm for me?

Edit 2: According to the wiki, it's perfectly possible to have over 100 PvP fights, so protecting people from that isn't really needed, I'll update the patch shortly (read: delete a bunch of code I wrote for no reason).

Edit 3: New patch posted, sans "100 PVP fights" protection.

Attachments

• PvP_gains_protection.patch
    6.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Once you reach the choice adventure for the fire-starting kit it's too late to check, so the prompt has to come before using the item.

Catch-22

Once you reach the choice adventure for the fire-starting kit it's too late to check, so the prompt has to come before using the item.

Yeah, I know. I had the idea of checking your preference for the choice adventure on that one, and warning you if your preference would be to get the PVP fights from the item, either way it's not exactly in the same scope as eat/drink/spleen items so I didn't include it in the same patch.