New Content - Implemented Hidden Temple Revamp: March 15, 2012

Spading is just now getting underway. Suffice to say, the Hidden Temple is no longer a lazy leveling zone. There are actually monsters there now, for one thing.

Heck, the KoL wiki monster/NC articles for the new Hidden Temple are just stubs right now. That will surely change as more spading is done.

GValko

First of all, when you acquire the new effect Stone-Faced please make a link back to the temple. It serves as a way to sneak through the temple.

Similarly to the layout of the Sorority House, there are 3 non-combat adventures/levels to the temple.

Top Level: Such Great Heights (choice adventure 579)
Choice 1 - Mysticality gain
Choice 2 - nostril of the serpent first time, nothing second - Nostril required
Choice 3 - Gives 3 adventures, extends buffs by 3 once per day???

Inside: The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple (choice adventure 580)
There are 4 versions of this adventure. They only vary the 1st adventure, the remaining 2 choices are the same:
Choice 1 -
Sun - get ancient calendar fragment
Ball - Muscle substats
Gargoyle - MP gain
Pikachu - This door will immediately send you to do the 3 choice adventures for the level 11 quest.

Choice 2- Leads to Confusing/Unconfusing Buttons
This adventure controls what door you see in Choice 1.
You need to have the Nostril of the Serpent to unconfuse the buttons. The Nostril is removed from your inventory when yousee the following text:
"As you head down the stairs, the Nostril of the Serpent begins to vibrate and glow. When you reach the bottom, it leaps out of your hands and floats to the center of the room, where it clicks into place in a metal framework above a strange altar. "

Confusing Buttons is choice adventure 583 and only has 1 choice.
Unconfusing Buttons is choice adventure 584. It initially has 3 choices. There's a 4th choice added when you read the MacGuffin diary.

Choice 3 - Moxie substats, poisoned (maybe for non-moxie classes)

Lower Levels:Such Great Depths (choicenum=581)

Choice 1 - glowing fungus (3 fullness food)
Choice 2 - can't quite remember at this point
Choice 3 - Fight Clan of Bears

Entering with Stone-Faced active leads to Fitting In (Choice adv 582). Choice 1 is Such Great Heights, Choice 2 is The Heart of the Temple, Choice 3 is Such Great Depths.

-----
Combat adventures:
There are 5 new combat encounters.

No idea on the stats yet, but I do know the drops. None of the first 4 encounters drop meat.
stone temple pirate - ancient poisoned dart, eyepatch
baa-relief sheep - stone wool
craven carven raven - shiny stones
Baa'baa'bu'ran - semirare adventure - drops 2 stone wool
clan of the cave bar - 3rd option off of Such Great Depths. No drops, just really strong and drops meat.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Monster Stats :

Stone Temple Pirate / Craven Carven Raven / Baa-relief Sheep

Att = Mox + ML, capped at 50
Def = Mus + ML, capped at 50
HP = Att x .75, rounded down

Clan of Cave Bars

Att = Mox + ML +20, capped at 200
Def = Mus + ML +20, capped at 200

Baa'baa'bu'ran

Att = Mox + ML +10, capped at 100
Def = Mus + ML +10, capped at 100

Can drop up to 3 Stone Wool (3 Wool on first at around +100 item, 1 Wool on second at +11 item).

Suspect Raven dropping Shiny Stones is 100%, zero failures in 28 fights at +11, but wasn't spading this.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Glowing Fungus (from Wiki and my eating) seems to be 6-7 Adv, 3-5 Myst stat, 8-10 MP, and 3 fullness.

Darzil

Developer
Monster Stats :

Don't know what went wrong there, they are actually :

Stone Temple Pirate / Craven Carven Raven / Baa-relief Sheep

Att = Mox, capped at 50, +ML
Def = Mus, capped at 50, +ML

Clan of Cave Bars

Att = Mox +20, capped at 200, +5 x ML
Def = Mus +20, capped at 200, +5 x ML

Baa'baa'bu'ran

Att = Mox +10, capped at 100, +ML
Def = Mus +10, capped at 100, +ML

Fixed up some monster/item stats based on the wiki, added the choiceadventures to the manager except for the hidden heart of the hidden temple adventures, since that requires some more custom work. Not done by any means, but here's some progress. Wasn't sure if these should be choiceadventures or spoilers, so...

Should build/run - I tested it, but with my choiceadventure links patch (see http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?9756-Named-Choice-Adventures) so the choiceadventure structures are different. I "backported" it to mainline, but was too lazy to pull a fresh svn copy and apply/build/test. :)

Attachments

• hidden_temple.patch
    6.3 KB · Views: 32
Per GValko's excellent suggestion above, a patch to add a decorator for when you get the Stone-Faced effect from wool, that links back to the hidden temple. Patch is against r10837, builds/runs/seems to work... :) Link shows up, but I'm drunk, so I can't click on it.

Attachments

• stone_faced_decorator.patch
    1.3 KB · Views: 31

Theraze

Baa'baa'bu'ran should be marked as the semirare monster in combats.txt, as currently it's marked as normally available.

slyz

Developer
r10838 adds the links and marks Baa'baa'bu'ran as a semi-rare monster.

Once again, I forgot to thank IronTetsubo, sorry :(

Darzil

Developer
Fixed up some monster/item stats based on the.

I notice that these don't yet alter the caps (which are now 50+ML, 100+ML and 200+5*ML, nor change the scaling for the Cave Bars to be Stat+20+5*ML, for the Hidden Temple. I guess that's part of the bit you refer to as not yet done.

You're doing some good work here!