Help with maps, file_to_map, etc.

icon315

I was trying to use a file that i had already made using DCQuest to try to make a certain output. i have tried everything, but for the life of me i can not figure it out. so here it is...please help me figure it out. well the finished one should make something like this

Attachments

• WikiCollections.ash
    3.5 KB · Views: 31

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but if you're trying to print a table to the CLI, I'd use actual HTML, not wiki markup.

icon315

yeah, i know...i just use the wiki's preview function and just take the html off of that..makes things a lot easier

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not quite sure I understand what it is you don't get, although I am pleased someone is still interested in DCQuest. I should probably post my update. In any event the map file is tab delimited text. Excel or your spreadsheet of choice can do all sorts of things with it so that may be easier than scripting. If you want HTML instead of Wiki Markup language I hope someone else will step in. HTML tables are not something I can deal with off the top of my head. If you are interested in something else then please ask again, in hopes that I will figure it out the second time.

icon315

i know exactly how to do tables into html i just find it easier not to do it that way. i am trying to transfer the information from my JWDC.txt file into the table, but i can't figure out exactly how to do it....in other words i want to pass the map from the txt file threw the loop in order to get the full output

Last edited: