Help wanted with auto-combats using custom combat script, and bees

Stormkitten

I am having an issue with Mafia's autofights when a Bee fight comes up, and I'm hoping one of you can point me at the settings I need to make this work.

I have the KoL Autoattack set to a specific custom combat script I've written, and Mafia autoadventure set to 'custom combat script'.

When I run fights through the relay browser, this works fine. I get a one-button fight on the standard monsters, and it stops for Bee or Boss mobs, and asks what to do.

When I use the Mafia adventure tab, it works fine for standard combats:
[1053] Black Forest
Encounter: black adder
Strategy: C:\Users\cath\Documents\docs\games\kol\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Stormkitten wins initiative!
Round 0: Stormkitten casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 1: Stormkitten casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
etc

But for Bee combats, it tries to use my standard weapon attack, which tends to get me killed.
[1056] Black Forest
Encounter: bee thoven
Strategy: C:\Users\cath\Documents\docs\games\kol\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Stormkitten wins initiative!
Round 1: Stormkitten executes a macro!
Round 1: Stormkitten attacks!
You lose 54 hit points

Is there a way to get it to stop and put up the 'continue in Relay browser' message instead?
I can't abort in the script, because it's not getting as far as calling the script in the first place.

At the moment, I'm working around this by only autoadventuring between Bee windows, and then switching to the browser until I get the bee combat. But it's a bit fiddly.

Stormkitten

Hm. So the default ccs used by mafia isn't the one I set as the autoattack in KoL.
In that case, how -is- it working for non-bee combats?
I'm trying to understand the process flow here.

The default script looks like this:
[ default ]
special action
attack with weapon

So it sounds like I haven't got it set up right at all, and it was working more by luck.
How do I tell Mafia to use the script I have in KoL? Do I need to duplicate it?

Edit: from further reading, it looks like replacing the 'attack with weapon' line with 'abort' will get it closer to the behaviour I want. Thank you for the pointer.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Mafia uses your Autoattack if set and after that is finished, and if there is fighting left to do, it will go to your CCS which stated "attack" and so it did.
You can as you noted either use "abort" as a single line in your CCS, or you could copy the Macro you use as an Autoattack into the CCS. It should work just fine automatically convert your KoL-macro code to a macro that Mafia sends.

slyz

Developer
Your auto-attack probably doesn't fire against bees, that's why the behavior was different. When Mafia adventures in the Black Forest with your auto-attack set, the combat ends before it even starts, so the CCS doesn't come into play at all.

Against Bees, on the other hand the auto-attack doesn't fire, so Mafia uses the combat strategy in your CCS (which wasn't setup apparently).

Stormkitten

I couldn't really test it till today (no more adventures) but the abort line seems to be working fine. Now it uses the auto-attack script against easy stuff, and asks what to do about the unusual stuff. Perfect. :)
Thanks for the help.

Stormkitten

I was playing around with this some more over the weekend, and noticed something else which would have been adding to my confusion.
I was making my changes with an external text editor, so of course, they weren't being picked up.
Just throwing that out there as something else that may trip up new users.