Feature Have 'Familiar Trainer' Matchup show chances of outcomes

t4kato

Concerning the Familiar Trainer feature built into KoLmafia, the View Matchup option is nice, but lacks a crucial element. It really should show you the percent chance of getting 0, 2, 3, 4, or 5 exp on each Matchup. So that the user knows what he's getting himself into before he clicks Train. This should be a simple request as the calculation is already being done by KoLmafia! Just hidden for some inexplicable reason. Take a look at The Rye's Familiar Strengths chart. That's exactly what I'm asking for.

We've already discussed this feature a bit on this thread already. It seems a simple enough feature (as it requires nothing more than what's already there, just hidden) that would probably help a number of people out and make KoLmafia more complete overall.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Silence was your response. Personally I don't see the feature as anything I would be interested in implementing. Perhaps veracity will be intrigued now that the holidays (in game and RL) are calming down?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
After this thread, I added t4kato to my "ignore" list. Therefore, regardless of the merit of the original feature request in this thread, I was blissfully unaware of it. I still haven't read it. And my RL time demands are heating up, now that the holidays have cooled down, so, after I spin 14.4 (after the CRIMBCO gift shop closes and I can disable it in the Coin Masters frame), I'm probably not going to be doing much of anything for this project for a good while.

This probably should be posted elsewhere, but it fits with Veracity's response too well:
Is there a difference between releasing a full Version change and say, the latest .exe build from the jars?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not really in the code; the major version which appears on the title bar will reflect the new version, but the actual content will not differ from a jar file built from the same revision. I make a .jar, a .exe, a .dmg (with a .app in it), and a .tar.gz with the new version, after submitting end-of-version update stuff, like updated mall prices), upload them all the Sourceforge, and publish the revision history delta as "release notes" here.

It's mostly administrative stuff.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
mallprices.txt is embedded in the jar file but the historical price data is updated when mafia is run and overrides what was in the jar.

I suspect we use the term "hardcoded" differently but...

Price data is not embedded in Java code.
Price data is in a data file bundled with the jar.
Bundled price data is overwritten by any data in data\mallprices.txt which is updated by mafia under various circumstances.

The above refers to historical price data. Non historical data is obtained from the server when required.