New Content - Implemented Haunted Library - Lights Out in the Library encounter

Arman

[#####] The Haunted Library
Encounter: Lights Out in the Library
Unsupported choice adventure #894
choice 1: Get out of the Library
choice 2: Grab a Candle
choice 3: Ponder a Quaint and Curious Volume

Used Kolmafia-14117 yesterday and 14122 today. There is no option in either version under "Choice Advs" to select anything. It always goes to manual choice.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, yeah. If you take one of those choices, it will send you back to choice #894 again with different options. That's how all of the Lights Out choice adventures work.

I assume that what you want is to automate the library and have it always skip? Since you didn't explain what you thought was a "bug", I can't really tell what you think would be "correct" behavior.

I imagine we could have a generic "Lights Out" setting that gives you three choices: manual, always skip, follow chain to Stephen or Elizabeth if appropriate or skip if not.

In any case, this should probably be merged with the Spookyraven New Content thread, if that is still open, since it is New Content that we have not yet finished implementing.

Arman

My apologies for not being thorough enough (my first time reporting). Yeah the auto-skip option not being in-Mafia is a real pain.

(I did notice Bale said revamp in Spookyraven was "done" and posts should be new)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
As of Darzil's r14134 I am marking this implemented.

(And Arman did good in making a new thread since I did mark the old one as done.)

zekaonar

So how do you automate skipping of lights out quests?

[4278] The Haunted Nursery
Encounter: Lights Out in the Nursery
Manual control requested for choice #898
choice 1: Search for a lamp
choice 2: Flee
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

> choice 2 always

choiceAdventure898 => 2

38 turns later it asks me the same question. And I did verify that the choice is set in my pref data file.