Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Banana Lord

That's strange. Preferences are stored in your vars file. As a start copy paste this into the gCLI: ash get_property("har_profit_file_created"). Do you have a vars_YOURNAME.txt file in /kolmafia/data? Is there anything in it?

Banana Lord

I'm not entirely sure what could be going on here, and I have very limited time to help you at the moment. If Winterbay, eegee or Theraze or someone else who knows things could chime in that would be awesome. Otherwise, can you confirm if the relay script's saving your preferences properly? Take a look at your vars file before and after clicking save, and see if the values change.

Theraze

If your vars file still has all its normal stuff in it, there's no good reason for it to wipe your data partially. In general, it's an all or nothing wipe, not a "one script stored in the middle of the alphabet/file" wipe kind of thing.

Might possibly have to do with some volume shadow copy/previous versions sort of thing on Frostfire's computer, but... nothing communicated as yet suggests that the problem is with Harvest or mafia. Yet. :)

is it absolutely neccesary to use EatDrink or another consumption script?

when I run harvest it stops telling me that I have not specified any consumption scripts, but the thing is that I like to manage my food and drink manually so I dont want to use EatDrink or any script like that. I have tried to create a dumb script (just an empty file) and it gives me another error telling me that it has not filled my organs. Can't I just tell harvest that I want to manually manage my consumption? I really want to use this script but those restrictions are annoying as fuck

Theraze

No it isn't absolutely necessary to use a consumption script.
Yes you can tell it that you want to manually manage consumption.

I looked and it's about a 2 second change to the script. That being said... eh, random swearing, I've answered the question, and that didn't make me feel especially compelled to make an extra effort. I've let you know it's possible, which is what you asked for. :)

No it isn't absolutely necessary to use a consumption script.
Yes you can tell it that you want to manually manage consumption.

I looked and it's about a 2 second change to the script. That being said... eh, random swearing, I've answered the question, and that didn't make me feel especially compelled to make an extra effort. I've let you know it's possible, which is what you asked for. :)

I came here seeking help and you just responded with "I know what to do to solve your problem but I can't be bothered to tell you"? Sir you are bloody useless as well as an asshole, thanks for nothing.

If it complains about your organs not being filled, fill them?

The thing is that I have already eaten and drank to my capacity, the only thing I have not filled is my spleen, and do not plan to do so, at least for now.

I don't know, the option to just tell the script to not check my consumption is so obvious that it must be somewhere, but I can't find it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I really want to use this script but those restrictions are annoying as fuck

I came here seeking help and you just responded with "I know what to do to solve your problem but I can't be bothered to tell you"? Sir you are bloody useless as well as an asshole, thanks for nothing.

Your use of profanity to negatively describe the script you're trying to use and people that could help you use it the way you want is the best way to ensure that people go out of their way to not help you.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Your use of profanity to negatively describe the script you're trying to use and people that could help you use it the way you want is the best way to ensure that people go out of their way to not help you.

+1

In addition you used a variation of "annoy" when describing your experience with something that was created and freely offered to the community. That is guaranteed to get you ignored by the people who could choose to help you. You can be forgiven for that because it is a local quirk but any thirteen year old (and you are 13 or older if you are legally playing KoL, right?) should understand the proper use of profanity and your posts are not an example of that.

Why don't you step back, take a few deep breaths, compose (and discard) several apologies and come back when you can just ask a question? I'm sure that will get you a response that you can use. When asked politely and with enough information that I can understand the problem/question even I have been known to help people with scripts I did not write and do not use.

This script is awesome!

I have been running it for a few days now, and although I had my budget set to 100000 it was taking all of my meat out of my closet at the end of the day. I poked around in the script, and found this:

take_closet(my_closet_meat());

I commented that and the problem was solved, but since I'm new at this I just want to be sure that I didn't unintentionally break something else.

eegee

Harvest closets your meat to prevent you from losing your meat if something goes haywire. I think the author assumed that there wouldn't be any meat in the closest or one would want all the meat from the closet when done. I can change the script later today to remove only the meat that was closeted by Harvest. Sound good?

I think you are misunderstanding my goal. I only want to keep 100 on hand at the end of the day, and want to closet the rest.

I thought the purpoes of setting the budget to 100000 was specifically to closet all but 100k, and as long as this bit of code is either commented or removed: take_closet(my_closet_meat()); it does exactly what i want it to do.

i'm sure I could just delete that line entirely as it serves no purpose to me. really all I need to know is that doing so won't break something else in the code, but thanks for the willingness to go the extra mile!

eegee

The purpose of the budget is to have X amount of meat at the start of each run of Harvest. When Harvest has completed, it will remove all the meat from your closet so that you can use it for whatever purpose(s). This suits me, but not you in your particular case.

Feel free delete/comment that line of code because won't really break anything else. The only thing to take note of is: if you want to make any purchases >100k you'll need to take meat from you closet (I'm sure you already know this); if you don't have enough meat on hand Harvest might fail during the consumption phase or other phase, because it doesn't automatically remove meat from your closet.

Haha, ok, so it WAS me who was misunderstanding. That makes perfect sense.

I'm doing such low-level farming (~800/adv) that i'm only really buying pies, wines/schnapps, and twinklies, but i'll adjust the amount as I add new equipment/skills.

Thanks for the clarification!

blech

When the script moves on to har_current_activity: farm, I get
Error: Division by zero (harvest.ash, line 780)
Code:
int casts_needed = ceil(turns_needed / turns_per_cast(the_skill).to_float());
turns_per_cast is returning as 0 for some skill(s?).

I patched it with
Code:
int casts_needed;
if(turns_per_cast(the_skill)==0){
     casts_needed = 0;
}else{
     casts_needed = ceil(turns_needed / turns_per_cast(the_skill).to_float());
}

An explanation/fix would be appreciated.