Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Banana Lord

KK, I've asked Bale for his opinion. It he wants it in OCD then there's no point in my adding it to Harvest, and if not I'm quite happy to (politely) steal the code :D

EDIT: Bale has (understandably) declined to add that to OCD and posted a complete and optimal auto-Stilling function. Even *I'm* not lazy enough to find a way to avoid doing something when it's spoon-fed to me from a silver platter like that (yes, because doing a quick search of the forum WAS too much work), so you can expect to see an update tomorrow, assuming no bugs crop up. Unfortunately I can't do much to test the new features because I don't have Olfaction yet (will soon though, thanks to Harvest :D) or access to the Still, but I'd be surprised if there were issues (though that's kind of the point of a bug isn't it?).

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Remind me, faxbot requires the bot to have a whitelist to your clan doesn't it? That could complicate matters, as would waiting for the bot to get around to processing your request, but I'll certainly look into it.
You could have the script optionally switch to Bonus Adventures From Hell to cover the clan having a fax machine and faxbot having a whitelist. The problem is that mafia's only support for faxbot is the GUI, and I don't think mafia will let you send PMs to people (the first one would go through and then mafia would block all chat commands).

Bale

Minion
EDIT: Bale has (understandably) declined to add that to OCD and posted a complete and optimal auto-Stilling function. Even *I'm* not lazy enough to find a way to avoid doing something when it's spoon-fed to me from a silver platter like that (yes, because doing a quick search of the forum WAS too much work).

LoL! You make it sound like you wanted this added to OCD just to make me be the one doing the work? Thank goodness I posted my improve_spirits() function or we would both be in trouble.

Banana Lord

Haha! You fell for my trap! I've been manipulating you all along! Now... If I could only enslave more scripters my goal of COMPLETE WORLD DOMINATION would be complete!

Nah, I don't mind doing the work (in fact it's probably good practice for me). Still, it IS nice to copy/paste pre-written and pre-tested code :) I've given you a shout-out in the script ;-) Thanks again Bale!

iamacow

Bountyhunting is working now, but I'm sorry to say that i was being a terrible debugger for you, I had other stuff to do this morning and was trying not to spend too much time on kol but I updated to r9833 and filled out blank boxes under bounty hunting (Made an outfit, picked a familiar/equip).
also i have a towel, but not the Mr. A origami kit

iamacow

Filling out the boxes would certainly help ;-) Thanks for letting me know that it's all working now.
Haha, it can be hard to tell if scripts will let me be lazy and default to what I'm wearing or if they will hate me for not filling stuff out. Thanks for the cool script :D

Banana Lord

I'd actually like to hide the options for a given section in the relay script (eg: hide bounty hunting options if Bountyhunt is not selected), but that will require me to look into CSS. Anyway, enjoy! :)

Banana Lord

Script updated with both of Deathless Assassin's requests (clearing On the Trail before bounty hunting, and making use of the Still). Thanks again Bale!

sleightmind

Can't use drunken baby style in CCS?

Hey all. So I setup this harvest script and it works great. There's one thing though. I want it to run my default CCS, which I have set to cast entangling noodles, then use drunken baby style. When the bounty script runs, it casts entangling noodles, but then tries to attack with weapon instead. This sucks as I am in fistcore and do no damage that way. Can anyone tell me how to get it to use drunken baby style? Thanks!

Banana Lord

Do the restrictions of fistcore end when you free the king? Are you in-run or in aftercore (I have no experience with fistcore). Harvest wasn't written with non-aftercore characters in mind, and I'm not really interested in doing a huge amount to add that support. Having said that, does anyone know of an easy way of checking to see if a character is in fistcore? It wouldn't be too hard to modify Harvest Combat. In the meantime try adding "skill Drunken Baby Style" to the bottom of your CCS (after the "consult" line). Harvest will automatically turn control over to the CCS after too many rounds of combat have passed, so as long as you can kill any monster you encounter in the limited number of rounds remaining you should be fine.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
After breaking the prism, restrictions are lifted for all paths including Oxygenarian and Bees Hate You. In other words, yes.

Banana Lord

Cool. Just making sure that Harvest would at least be useful for people in aftercore who have just completed a fistcore run.

sleightmind

Hey thanks for the reply. So, here's my default CCS:

[ default ]
skill entangling noodles
skill drunken baby style

And here's what the script says when it runs:

Applying pre-run settings
CCS set to default
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)

And here's an example of one of the bounty adventures in the session log:

[466] Fun House
Encounter: lemon-in-the-box
Round 0: sleightmind wins initiative!
Round 1: Gronald rubs its soles together, then stomps in place restlessly. Clearly, the violence it's done so far is only making it ache for some quality stomping. (Use the "Release the Boots" skill to let it go nuts.)
Round 1: sleightmind executes a macro!
Round 1: sleightmind casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: Gronald pulls it into an impromptu mosh pit, stomping it for 15 damage.
Round 2: lemon-in-the-box takes 15 damage.
Round 2: sleightmind attacks!
Round 3: lemon-in-the-box takes 1 damage.
Round 3: sleightmind attacks!
Round 4: lemon-in-the-box takes 1 damage.
Round 4: sleightmind attacks!
Round 5: lemon-in-the-box takes 1 damage.
Round 5: Gronald attempts to kickstart it. It doesn't get fully funded, but does do 19 damage.
Round 5: lemon-in-the-box takes 19 damage.
Round 5: sleightmind wins the fight!
After Battle: Gronald assumes the plié position and bends its calf-parts in and out a few times.
You acquire an item: lemon
You gain 1 Wizardliness
You gain 6 Chutzpah

Does that make any sense? So it's casting noodles, then just attacks for 1 damage. What am I doing wrong here? Also, on the main Adventure tab in Kolmafia, I set the Action dropdown to "skill drunken baby style" and Special to "Cast noodles before simple actions". Then, if I run Harvest.ash, it sets the Action back to "attack with weapon".
Thanks for the help!

Banana Lord

If Harvest changes any of your settings (like your outfit, mood, CCS or battle action) it will remember your previous setting so that it can change it back to the way it was when it finishes. It does that so that you don't have to remember to change all your settings to non-farming related options when it's done, if that makes sense (so that's why it's changing Action to attack with weapon, though it should only do that after it finishes). Are you sure you've got the correct CCS set for bounty hunting in the relay script? Just an obvious thing to check :) Next obvious thing: As you may have noticed while writing a CCS, if mafia doesn't understand a command or you make a spelling mistake, it replaces the 'broken' line with 'attack with weapon'. Could you make sure that that isn't what's happened? Just look at your CCS out of edit mode and see if it says 'skill drunken baby style' or 'attack with weapon'.

If none of that helps, set Verbosity to 3 from the relay script and run Harvest again (you can stop it after it's finished the first combat) and paste the results (start to finish) here. Some of the output may have vanished off the top of the gCLI, in which case go to your /kolmafia/sessions folder and find the relevant part of the relevant log (they're all dated).

sleightmind

So.. I think I may have fixed it, albeit heavy-handedly. I just went into the Harvest.ash script and forced the set_property("battleAction") to skill drunken baby style. I'll let it run tonight and see if that works.

Banana Lord

If you changed that in the apply_prerun_settings() function it won't help you. if you changed it in the prep_for_day() function then it would have been simpler to have set your CCS to nothing (i.e.: no text) in the relay script and set action to Drunken Baby Style in mafia itself (as you were attempting to do before). Harvest won't change "battleAction" to "custom combat script" if you haven't entered anything for that setting. Of course, this won't use entangling noodles. I'm a little perplexed though, if you set your CCS up correctly, and entered the right name into the relay script then there shouldn't be any problem with Harvest using that CCS. The output you posted suggests that Harvest is indeed using the correct CCS (it casts entangling noodles, which was your first command), but that for some reason mafia isn't using drunken baby style. Do you have an up-to-date version of mafia (i.e.: latest build)?