Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Theraze

Which moon sign are you... specifically, is the knoll an adventuring zone or your moon sign? If you'd accepted that bounty manually, it won't be able to succeed... the script does have a check for feasibility, but... not for deliberate sabotage by the user. :)

CKtheFat

I am playing under the Vole (so I guess that means I'm listed as a friendly and why I can't actually adventure there.)

I did not select the bounty manually (I've actually forgotten how to!) All I've done for the day so far is to run EatDrink to fill up to 15/19/0 and then call Harvest.ash.

I did call Harvest.ash before running the svn-update command, however. I updated after seeing that error, to no avail.

Here's my log:

Code:
> Checking for updates (running Harvest ver. 2.0.9)...
 > Running Harvest version: 2.0.9 (current)

Visiting the Bounty Hunter Hunter

accept bounty assignment to collect 6 oily rags
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 28 of 75 HP, 3 of 82 MP, current meat: 9136 ... Target HP = 72.
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 28 of 75 HP, 3 of 82 MP, current meat: 9136 ... Target MP = 44.

[407] The Degrassi Knoll Garage

buy 5 Knob Goblin seltzer for 80 each from The Knob Dispensary
You acquire Knob Goblin seltzer (5)
You spent 400 Meat

use 5 Knob Goblin seltzer
You gain 52 Mojo Points

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 47 hit points

abandon bounty assignment

Visiting Innabox

Visiting Innabox

Visiting Innabox

Last edited:

Theraze

If you got the bounty first, you'll need to cancel it manually. If you have the bounty script, you can do bounty abort, bounty cancel, bounty stop, or some form of such escape. Otherwise, you'll actually need to go to the Forest Village and visit the BHH manually to cancel the quest. Once you've cancelled, you should be able to take another quest (either manually or with Harvest) normally.

This might be a silly question, but is there any way to get Harvest to switch familiars automatically? For example, right now for castle farming I earn most meat by using my stomping boots for 42 turns to get pastes, then switching to a nosy nose for olfaction, then switching to a leprechaun.

Groodo

I want to completely automate my harvesting, so I have set up Mafia with a scheduler on my machine but I don't know how to use out-of-the-box Harvest.ash to automatically exit Mafia when the script is done. End-of-the-day script looks like it gets run before final eating and drinking. I can modify Harvest.ash to exit Mafia but then my changes get lost every time I get the most recent Harvest.ash. Hoping there is a better way.

Winterbay

Yep. You can go to the /svn-folder and find harvest.ash there. If you follow that up with a "svn sync" in the CLI any edits done there will stay when the script updates.

Groodo

Is the /svn-folder something I set up? I have never used svn except for the occasional command I execute in the Mafia CLI.

*edit*
OK, the svn folder is there, but I only have OCD, Zlib, and EatDrink. No Harvest.

*edit again*
Got harvest there and I think I have done what you suggested.

Does this mean I should only use "svn sync" and never "svn update"?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
You only have to do svn sync just after making a change to the local copy in the /svn directory.

svn update will continue to do what you want it to do. svn sync will not update your scripts.

Lokathor

How do I make this thing run without eating or drinking anything?

I just want it to automate the actual combatting and collecting of things, I don't want it to do any buying of foods, eating, drinking, all of that. I want it to just do the bounty hunt and then farm as much as possible given however many adventures it starts with.

Edit: *sigh* and I don't want it to use up my daily uses of Nash Crosby's Still...

It seems this script is just useless for what I want, because it's doing all sorts of extra things outside of the scope that I need.

Last edited:

Cone_of_Cold

How convenient that this thread has been bumped, as I have a question, too.

So I quit KoL for many months and now came back to start farming again over the holiday season, and whaddyaknow Castle's been all changed up. There's a lot more decision-based noncombats now (I'm running the top floor) that the script stops and requires my manual input to complete. Is there any way I can tell the script (or the bot in general) what to do for these noncombats each time? It was so great to be able to just run the script and let it go by itself to completion.

It still requires me to manually heal up after it drops all its hitpoints on Thistle Wine during the pre-farm phase, it's been doing that since the beginning, but one or two clicks and the rest fully automated I can tolerate well enough.

Winterbay

If you pick the top floor in the Mafia adventuring GUI-picker and go to the ChoiceAdventure tab below that you can set the choices for those choice adventures to more meaningful things than "show in browser".

jbouzanquet

Select the top floor as your adventuring location, but don't begin adventuring. Click choice advs on the adventure tab, next to overview. The bottom set of choices is for the top floor. Meat farming probably wants NCs to fight a Goth Giant, so Raver should go to Punk Rock, Punk Rock should go to Steampunk, and Steampunk to Goth.<br>Are you using BestBetweenBattle? It should handle healing the damage from consumption for you.

Edit: is it still thread ninjaing if you wrote a response and forgot to post it for an hour?

Polegon

Does this still work?
I tried it, but it says "Bad item value: "Warbear auto-anvil" (OCD Inventory Control.ash, line 89)".
How can I fix this?

dixmcdix

Heads up that the Bounty Hunter revamp has made selecting a bounty using this script breakened. Mafia has not posted an update with changes for the BHH yet either though.

Thanks for keeping this script alive! It is awesome even if I have to do the BHH manually.

clivestaples

Can it be made to collect game grid tokens, transporter transponders, etc? I'd like it to use my familiars in turn and get all that stuff.